Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend is the New York State Car Show being held at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. Concourse level. I walk through looking at the cars and I arrive at the Honda section. Honda has every model there except for the Element. What is it with Honda and the Element? I work there and I've never seen an Element at this event in all the years I've attended it. Is Honda embarrassed by it? What gives?
:?

D

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
<rant>It's a niche vehicle, and Honda is dead set against marketing it outside of its target demographic, never mind the fact that probably the majority of Element owners are not part of that demographic. Reportedly the Element has been well-advertised in magazines dedicated to skiing, hiking, surfing, and such. Personally I think that by ignoring people over 30, Honda is pushing a lot of them not to more expensive Hondas as intended, but to other brands. </rant>

Was a Vespa/Piaggio dealer at the show?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It does not sell like the civic, accord, oddessey, fit and maybe even ridgeline. It is kind of a niche car, so if there is one car that they will not take to a show, it would be the Element.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The funny thing is, When we were at the plant, talking to the engineers, They know they are not hitting the intended age group. Why has that information not reached the marketing people? I think it's planned! It's a damned conspiracy I tell ya!

Must be waiting for Obama to bail out the Element !!

Dom

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last night I was at the local Honda dealership and I noticed that in the 2010 Models Display with all the brochures, they had everything except the Element. I asked why there was no Honda Element brochure for 2010 and they said Honda never sent them any. They also didn't have the Element in their flip chart for available colors. What the heck gives?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Even the Oddy gets more attention. Have you ever seen the amount of custom bumpers and body kits for an Odyssey? Then how many kits have you seen for an Element? I have no idea how the van could become a more "cool"-able vehicle.

BUt then when it comes to the Cr-v or Element, we gotta scrounge for stuff and Honda parts... but the Van and Civic stuff is readily available everywhere... I don't get it.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Even the Oddy gets more attention. Have you ever seen the amount of custom bumpers and body kits for an Odyssey? Then how many kits have you seen for an Element? I have no idea how the van could become a more "cool"-able vehicle.

BUt then when it comes to the Cr-v or Element, we gotta scrounge for stuff and Honda parts... but the Van and Civic stuff is readily available everywhere... I don't get it.

The Odyssey skirts originate from Japan where apperantly it is cool to drive a mini van.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Looking at going to the L.A. auto show again this year and will see if they bring an Element again this year. Last year they brought a SC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.