Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New E owner (2008 LX) and new to EOC. Be kind.
I have researched for hours the armrest/center console issue and see many solutions which are expensive and require a moderate degree of technical skill. I love the SC replacement idea but it's too much money and too many parts for me - IF - I could find one.

Closest idea to something that looks like it work but how to I attach this to the floor? or seats? Or is it just to cheap to bother with?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjust-Black-Leatherette-Center-Console-Base-Armrest-Storage-Box-For-Honda-AM-/391560395195?fits=Make:Honda|Model:Element&hash=item5b2ad179bb:g:j98AAOSwzJ5Xak0W&vxp=mtr

Thanks - I know this subject has been beaten to death but I just havn't seen the ideal answer for me yet.
John

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not sure how it attaches, says there aren't any installation instructions.

Costs $20. On one hand for that price it can't be very good. On the other hand it is only $20 so even if it doesn't work you're not out much. I guess flip a coin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved the issue

Bought the Walmart Clutter Catcher mentioned in another thread and removed the outer housing. I screwed this down to the existing low console (placed with the high side forward). I then used two arm bolsters from a recently purchased massage table and velcro'd them to a pine box which almost fit the tray at the top of the clutter master thing. I used a chop saw to cut it down to fit, added a small wedge of 2X4 and sprayed it black. Great cup holders, and armrests for under $50.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
more info please !!

Bought the Walmart Clutter Catcher mentioned in another thread and removed the outer housing. I screwed this down to the existing low console (placed with the high side forward). I then used two arm bolsters from a recently purchased massage table and velcro'd them to a pine box which almost fit the tray at the top of the clutter master thing. I used a chop saw to cut it down to fit, added a small wedge of 2X4 and sprayed it black. Great cup holders, and armrests for under $50.00.
I need to know more about this !!!! I have looked on walmart for the clutter catcher and cant find it

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts