Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...any thoughts?

:mrgreen:

(Thanks to SullyND over on the Escape forum for egging me on like this.)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It looks sweet! My husband said hands down he would replace his Civic with an E if it was available in Hummer Yellow or IU Red!

I bet if you find a good auto body/paint shop they could do it!

PS I think I saw you the other day by the AMC by Old Olive :) But maybe it was another yellow Escape....but Yellow Escapes are kinda like Es here in St Louie :wink:

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could have been... but the only E we've seen in the past few days has been an SOP. Actually, there are a surprising number of yellow Escapes in StL - it's been a very popular color here.

If it was last week, my Escape had some odd-looking roof racks and a strange white antenna on the driver's side roof. They're gone now while I prep it for sale.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:aa7d50e76f="MikeQBF"]...any thoughts?[/quote:aa7d50e76f]

Rubbermaid!

-brendan

·
Registered
351 Posts
Man, that is sweet! If Honda built one with the S2000 Spa Yellow and black interior, I'd trade in a second!

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
I saw one at a Honda dealership in albuquerque new mexico i didnt get the opportunity to stop and look but we did search online as soon as we got home. It looked absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Think of the opportunities it would create for immigrants! I can see thousands of them in D.C. and NYC as cabs. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would have definately bought that. But not if the yellow came on the dash too. I've long said yellow is an obvious hole in the color line-up. (I went with black)[/i]

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would have definately bought that. But not if the yellow came on the dash too. I've long said yellow is an obvious hole in the color line-up. (I went with black)[/i]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny... about 2 months ago I spied one EXACTLY like this at my dealer in ABQ, NM (Perfection Honda). I thought perhaps Honda had added a new color mid-year, but no, the dealer had it done.

I didn't look too close at paint quality, but it did sit there for awhile...

Frederick

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>I saw one at a Honda dealership in albuquerque

>I spied one EXACTLY like this at my dealer in ABQ

Hmmmmm... vellly intellestingk!!!! :shock:

Since when it's time to buy it's going to be cash, there's absolutely nothing keeping me from shopping around the country. Maybe I ought to give this dealer a call... since they did it once, they can certainly do it again.

:mrgreen:

I'm sort of curious about what color it was originally... could it have been a black one? Black would not seem like a fun color to have during the summers there. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mike,

I have no idea what the original color was or if there was some other motivating factor behind the paint job... As I recall, I believe it was a DX that they essentially loaded (wheels, tires, A/C, stereo) and painted, which did boost the price on it by ~$2k over comparable EX - I could be wrong on the exact numbers, however.

If you want any info, just let me know.

Frederick

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
Yep thats the same one the name of the dealership was Perfection Honda in ABQ as soon as you said it i remembered it. It was an absolutetly awesome color.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It looks cool Mike. I would'nt be suprised if this ends up being available on a '04 or '05(?). It would have been tough for me to decide between my Orange and this color if it were available. 8)

·
Registered
141 Posts
All it needs is a taxi light on the roof and an "NYC Taxi" decal on the door. haha

I think the IU red color would be cool. I can't understand why they didn't come out with some shade of red, but orange seems popular though. I saw 2 of them on the road today, one of them being test driven. I think today I saw about 5 or 6 on the road, which by far is the most I've seen in one day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
SOP was the closest I could get to Red, so I bought SOP.

If I could have gotten Milano Red, I probably would have gone red.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.