Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what the annual production is on the E? I have checked all the dealers within 50 miles and there are very few sitting on lots in metro Atlanta. The dealers that do have 1 or 2 on the lot are only carrying LX 2WD models. We are interested in an AWD EX and not finding much supply in this model. This concerns me in bargaining power when there are only 1 or 2 in the area.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Use the internet. go to Yahoo, Autos, select make and model and insert your zip code. They will come running Play them against each other. And be patient.
You can also use Costco. The local dealer that Costco recommends wil ship your model in at the Costco price. That's how I bought mine and it was a very pleasant experience.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Costco? My son is looking to puchase an E. Is the COSTCO thing really a good deal? Can they get any car? How does it work?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Easy. go to Costco.com click on Auto services, then auto buying program. Enter your zip code and Costco number it will tell you which dealer to go to and who to talk to at that dealer. Call for an apt. He will show you what the Costco price is. Bought mine in 08. I was happy with the price and bought my new element with .9% financing from Honda

·
Registered
28 Posts
Easy. go to Costco.com click on Auto services, then auto buying program. Enter your zip code and Costco number it will tell you which dealer to go to and who to talk to at that dealer. Call for an apt. He will show you what the Costco price is. Bought mine in 08. I was happy with the price and bought my new element with .9% financing from Honda
for comparison purposes, what was your price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can sign up for USAA, I think they have an even better buying program then Costco. I am shopping for an Element or maybe a V6 M/T 6speed Hyundai Genesis Cope. Different cars I know, but my mind is all over the place. I did look at Costco/USAA pricing though and except for the Element, USAA was consistently under Costco by a good margin in the area I will be moving to. Especially if you buy "Detroit".....or Mercedes. However, in the area I currently live at, USAA doesn't even have any dealer affliation, but Costco does.

Truecar for where I currently live for the next 6 months

Truecar for where I am going (Northern California area, rest is also for Nor Cal only)

Costco

USAA

Problem I have is Costco had a pop-up page saying the Element is a high demand vehicle, so their pricing may not be good (in my current area at least). Also, Costco shows an invoice lower then what Truecar says. From reading about people buying through USAA and seeing how they give me different pricing from different dealers, seems like the price they give is a done deal and you just need to add TTL. Not sure about Costco because of the "high demand" list given to Elements here. Possibly on the mainland it'd also be a no hassle buy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My local dealer didn't have exactly what I wanted (2010 Grey EX AWD w/Nav). They ran the order sheets from the factory, found 5 on order from other dealers. Contacted the dealer that had one delivering the soonest, made a trade with that dealer, and I still negotiated the price down. It arrived yesterday and I picked it up today. It's exactly what I wanted at a price I'm happy with.:grin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
What Flat Lander related is probably the best way to do it until when and if the supply gets better. I had my heart set on a Tango Red EX-AWD w/Nav and the best I could do locally was a promised production slot on 1/27/10. I didn't want to pass on the Honda finance deal that expired 1/4. I found a CBP instead and am happy with my choice.

SO, there's a Tango Red EX AWD w/Nav that got made 1/27 and I hope it found a loving home! Who has it???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions I will look into each of these to see which will work best here in Atlanta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts