Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
He has them again.

did you get a pair? I hope you did. because I just got some of eBay about 5 minutes ago. Looks like he had 8 pair at one time. I don't usually buy from peeps with any negative but I wanted these bad. I also have spent over my allotment this month on my E. but again these are kind of hard to find. Maybe he will have more later. this is the link to the page I got them off of. I will let you know if they were worth the $20 i spent. http://www.ebay.com/itm/311308509165
He has them again.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm glad you guys are keeping track, but I believe it's against forum rules to post direct ebay sale links, and they will get deleted. I think you are okay to post the seller names as text though. Maybe keep a running list of them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Now that I'm finally ready to purchase these clear side markers to match with my clear signals in my headlights that I'm planning to do very soon, they are entirely non-existent anymore! Grr...

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Check again

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I just saw them this morning on ebay.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just saw them again:
I think this is the ebay item number. Im mobile right now, so i cant do this properly.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Thanks for keeping this on the radar. I just ordered the last set. Needed to replace the passenger side lens. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Just saw them again:
I think this is the ebay item number. Im mobile right now, so i cant do this properly.
Here's the info, practicing what I preach.

Ebay Seller: coco701111
Price: $19.95/pr
Ship: Free
Type: Black frame, Reflector lens.

Thx dude, finally got 1. One left folks!
Thanks for keeping this on the radar.
Glad you guys got in. It popped up on one of my other Element searches. Oddly enough, this thread didn't send me any reply notification, lol. Irony.

If you have the same problem with these that I usually have (lens eventually falls out), you might try baking these open and re-siliconing them. It depends on the manufacturer. I don't remember any names, but I think you can tell by the edge around the lens: silver built-in, black (pictured), grey (I think I saw grey ones one time). Also there are two lens types: reflector (because Im brain farting on the right word), and plain clear (reflector only in rear of housing, not lens). Regardless, use clear silicon and TINY bead. I ruined a previous set with too much silicon. but i did successfully bake them open following headlight DIY, on a black edge set.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you have the same problem with these that I usually have (lens eventually falls out), you might try baking these open and re-siliconing them. It depends on the manufacturer. I don't remember any names, but I think you can tell by the edge around the lens: silver built-in, black (pictured), grey (I think I saw grey ones one time). Also there are two lens types: reflector (because Im brain farting on the right word), and plain clear (reflector only in rear of housing, not lens). Regardless, use clear silicon and TINY bead. I ruined a previous set with too much silicon. but i did successfully bake them open following headlight DIY, on a black edge set.
Must be Monday as I'm having a brain fart too.
So which ones did you have that the lens fell out?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Must be Monday as I'm having a brain fart too.

So which ones did you have that the lens fell out?

Most recently I have only bought black framed, and they fall out in SoCal temp variations over years. I dont remember if other ones fall out too.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
287 Posts
Update:. It could happen but definitely not worth it. They don't use the double cavity injected molding process which makes coats cheap.
Oh well.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts