Honda Element Owners Club banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Started mine today. I ordered sponge neoprene with adhesive from Amazon.com., $24 incl. s/h. Looked at set on EBay, but since I replaced my console with the 2010 cooler, I didn't need some of the inserts offered. Templates did not match, so created my own using paper. Will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Here's how it looks. Had to put "nubs" to prevent items from moving around (you can barely see them in the last photo). I made them with a paper hole cutter. Material is kinda soft, so cant put anything sharp on them. Will see how long they last. May not be good in the long run.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Need the template location

Well I sucked them up in the vacumn and out in the trash.

Does anyone know where the template link is? I have an 05 ex

/thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
templates?

[Moderator Edit: On page four (4) of this thread, there are templates for making your own non-slip cutouts.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the templates are gone. I guess I will have to use my sewing skills to reinvent something that will work for me. I like the idea of keeping things from sliding.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
[Moderator Edit: On page four (4) of this thread, there are templates for making your own non-slip cutouts.
It looks like the templates are gone. I guess I will have to use my sewing skills to reinvent something that will work for me. I like the idea of keeping things from sliding.[/QUOTE]

Try page 14 and page 15. They are there.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You can make your own templates by simply taking a piece of paper, place it over the area you want to template and run your fingernail around it. Cut that shape, test fit, make any alterations in size if need be and you have the template. For circles anything the correct size will work such as a lid or drinking cup. I seem to use the tops of spray paint cans often but the top of a pringles can may be a better size.

Avoid gluing anything down. Someone already mentioned double stick tape but I would use some buytl. In place of that, if you have a magazine that comes with something stuck to a page, you can remove that sticky stuff (clear butyl) and use that. Not much is needed, just enough for the ends on the cup holders. Thats the only area ive ever had an issue with as the rubber material will stick to anything damp such as a drink or water bottle. That little bit of butyl will hold the material in place but also allow it to be removed for cleaning or spills.

With the self made paper template it took me maybe 5 minutes to make the dash and SC console inserts by hand.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ok... here is the deal. I would like to do this to my E as well. I have the Shoreline Mist Exterior so the interior is gray/black.

I can not find any gray or black rubbery lattice stuff anywhere. I checked K-mart, but of course Matha's only has pretty girlie pastels and Wal-Mart only has bright pretties as well.

Where can I get some manly stuff!!! :) Something grey or black?

Any idea folks? I am tired of my cell phone taking a ride on the dash board coaster. :)
I got black at Wal Mart when I got the E Her name is the Tardis even though she is Shoreline Silver Mist color. I love the Dr. Who series.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
E-Bay ........ great !!

i purchased a set today.

Does anyone happen to have info on which Ebay seller has these or how to contact them? Try as I might, I can't find them on Ebay at the moment...

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Search under HONDA ELEMENT EX LX DX '03-'08 Cup Liner Mats Tray Pad
Thanks a mil - just didn't know what combination of terms to search under, and there are several thousand things that come up under "Honda Element." That brought it right up, though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know for under 20 bucks you really cant beat the price i just found them and think im gonna spring for some if it takes me an hour to fab these up and to pick up the material there goes 20 bucks. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
You know for under 20 bucks you really cant beat the price i just found them and think im gonna spring for some if it takes me an hour to fab these up and to pick up the material there goes 20 bucks. Thanks again guys!
I bought some cheap shelf liner, made my patterns and cut them out and wound up hating them. Gladly gave the $20 to buy the Ebay ones and love them - higher quality material and much better cut. Live and learn.

·
Registered
178 Posts
cool product, thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Elemmat tray and cup liners

I just threw mine in....got the black diamond pattern.....overall a good value for the price, the material is obviously durable as hell. For me, I was hoping for a better fit, the console and cup liners fit well, but I feel the liners for the dash trays could have been cut better, and/or maybe they should have had a thin layer of some non-slip surface on the back...because they will slip out when you reach to grab something. I also appear to have three extra pieces. Just my opinion, I am having trouble getting the pictures up....hopefully they go through.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,820 Posts
One more time

I'm having to repeat the small mods made to my totalled 2004 SSM on a 2008 TRP.

This time I have the added issue of the black interior being too dark for my old eyes, so I'm looking for a lighter material that looks decent with the lighter contrasting dash material(which looks beige to me). Matching the beige isn't an option- that would get dirty too quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put some of this stuff into my new Element and I found it took a little time to make templates of all the cut outs. So for the benefit of future users, I've scanned in my templates, touched them up in Photoshop. They're not perfect and you might need to do a little minor trimming but here they are below. Just to make things a little exciting, you can figure out where they go. :D

Just a technical note, these scans are designed to print properly on a typical PC monitor that use 96dpi screen resolution. However, most Macintosh systems use 72dpi. If you need a mac version, please click on this link: http://www.jimlin.com/pics/mac/mac.html

Keep in mind that not all macs use 72dpi. If that is the case, then the only other alternative is to load the images into a program like Photoshop which will scale properly no matter what dpi your monitor is set at.

Jim
Doesn't come up anymore :(

201 - 220 of 231 Posts