Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had some after market speakers installed today.and when i was on my break i was sitting in my car relaxing my speakers went crazy and started playing nothing but bass sounds no voices.
i didn't have time to look at it since i had to get back to work.
but when i was on my way home, it played like nothing was wrong earlier for like 10 minutes then went back to the bass for a minute or so then switched back to the voice.

what would be causing this?and can i fix this myself or take it back where i got them installed at?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
thanks Al that's what im going to do then.
maybe i should get him to add a aftermarket amp while I'm there? i mean it is my day off and i have nothing better to do.
That's a whole nother can-o-worms. The factory amp is a small six-channel that runs the 4 speakers and dual-voicecoil sub. What radio are you using?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im using the factory radio, and the speakers i got are pioneer no sure of the model number the paper work is in the car.
so maybe its best to stick with the stock amp?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it is what big al said it would be. the speaker wire was touching a piece of metal on the door.
a quick 20 minute fix, he checked everything for me to make sure it wont cut out on me again and added spacers to make sure it wont do it again.

thanks for your guys help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well after a week it started back up again, its acting funny. so im going to go back up there and talk to him and see what the deal is. i have never had any problem with any other work he has done.he always does a really good job on my other cars. so im betting it has to be the speakers. but at least he wont charge me to look at it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.