Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned an Isuzu Trooper for 6 years and talk about boxy. A lot of people didn't like the looks of it, but it was the best truck I've ever owned with the most capabilities as far as passengers, cargo, etc. I can't see where the Element will be any different, except for maybe the Honda being a little more reliable and cost a bit more. I can't wait to get my own E! :p

(BTW I'd still have my Trooper had my :ex: hubby not been such a slacker and decided not work for a living any more. Had to sell the Trooper to pay for expenses. Won't happen again with my E :twisted: )

Pam

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Well who knows where Pam is now, or if her EX ever did pay for her Trooper.

That said, I've been looking at buying a used one locally. It's a 1988 Trooper II, needs a little TLC but I'm having a mechanic get me an estimate. Fun.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
As someone said a while back, the old Troopers will climb a tree straight up if you can just get the nose up on it :D

And how come nobody ever replied to Pam? Let's see if we can find her and ask what happened in the end!
You would have thought IRV would have been all over the fact the profile isn't filled out and she didn't post a picture............just sayin'

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I just noticed your avatar Orangee.

"My avatar today: Just because you drive an Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle doesn't mean you need to go GREEN"

Nice. :lol:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Bad dog! Bad dog! :wink:

I'll bet he rolled in it too.:lol:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I just noticed your avatar Orangee.

"My avatar today: Just because you drive an Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle doesn't mean you need to go GREEN"

Nice. :lol:
It's a double negative. Orangee likes kiwi!!:p

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well who knows where Pam is now, or if her EX ever did pay for her Trooper.

That said, I've been looking at buying a used one locally. It's a 1988 Trooper II, needs a little TLC but I'm having a mechanic get me an estimate. Fun.
Don't do it! My 91 Trooper was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Mechanics don't like to work on them and from the repairs I made to it myself (steering box, PS pump, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder) I can see why. Sure it always started and ran but it was turning to rust when I traded it two years ago. No power and rotten gas mileage were the major deficiencies.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yeah a good friend had about an 86-88 era one...put a quarter mill miles + on it before he retired it. It had some great low end torque for a 4 banger. His 99 6 cyl one is no comparison, way heavier & wider w/tons of plastic parts on the exterior. It was too "nice" for his liking :wink: and he couldn't find a MT anywhere.

Sorta like comparing a real 70's range rover & the yuppie mobiles on the road now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts