Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's some type of squeaking from one of the three locks and I can't for the life of me figure out which one it is OR why it is doing it with such a young Honda. Are there others out there with this problem?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
my 04 SOP did this years back. if it is the same noise i am thinking of it is one of the actual actuators going bad. mine was the one in the rear hatch. take it back to them and let them replace it, and ask if you can see it when they swap it, or even the new part before they put it in. it is suprisingly whimpy in size and makes me wonder why DEI's aftermarket actuators have to be 2-3 times that big for a door lock actuator.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 04 SOP did this years back. if it is the same noise i am thinking of it is one of the actual actuators going bad. mine was the one in the rear hatch. take it back to them and let them replace it, and ask if you can see it when they swap it, or even the new part before they put it in. it is suprisingly whimpy in size and makes me wonder why DEI's aftermarket actuators have to be 2-3 times that big for a door lock actuator.
I'll be doing this myself... warranty was toast in less than 16 months! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts