Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I accidently put this in the maintenance thread.

Question. This morning, starting off to drive, my E sounded a little extra whiney. Lasted a couple of miles. Could slightly feel it too. An slight impression of heaviness. It happened again this afternoon after sitting most of the day. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sorry, I accidently put this in the maintenance thread.

Question. This morning, starting off to drive, my E sounded a little extra whiney. Lasted a couple of miles. Could slightly feel it too. An slight impression of heaviness. It happened again this afternoon after sitting most of the day. Any thoughts?
Sounds like it is depressed a bit.

Put a Prozac in the tank and all will be well!! :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
... sounded a little extra whiney.... An slight impression of heaviness....
I understand car-talk is hard for some people. Can you be more specific and maybe try different terminology. It will help others to help you with your problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this noise coming from the back, front, passenger, or driver side?

When you say "feels heavy" do you mean a little more gas pedal to get the E moving, or does the steering feel heavy?

How many miles maybe your brakes or a brake caliper is seized. Brake pads might be getting close to the wear indicators. Does the noise stop if u hit the brakes?

Does it only happen when the car is cold? You mention after it sits a while this noise comes back.

We need that kind of detail as best as you can explain it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts