Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys run your nokians all year long or just in the winter?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I have always run my WRs all year and will be doing the same with my newly installed WR G2s. I have gotten 55,000 on my first set of WRs and just about 60,000 on my second set. I do not expect to get any less than 50,000 with my G2s.

They are rock solid in dry and rain. I just drove 150+ miles in a torrential downpour over the weekend and the G2s stuck to the road just great! :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome! how do they do with mud? oh and where did you buy them???

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
My wife runs the Nokian wr's all year long. I figure that as a rule of thumb, tires have a shelf life of 2 to 3 years. So what will I save by taking them off and allowing them to sit in storage? Will that give me an extra 2 seasons of usable life? I think not. I may as well get my money out of them. Just put them on and run them. It has worked well for me with several brands of all season tires. The last time I had dedicated snow tires for a car was in 1970! That was on a Pontiac Trans-Am. It would not go in snow without studded snows! That was the only reason I had them then.

Given your location, I think you would have less of an issue with snow than I do.

Dom

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah we get about 12'' total a year, alot of slush tho. the reason i ask about mud is i take this hunting and dont want to get stuck.. but my thoughts were that if a tire is good for snow it should be atleast descent in mud. i know its not a mud tire but those will have to wait till i have more funds!

thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Careful driving will still be the key in mud or snow with these tires. The WR series are certainly one of the best of the non-dedicated (i.e. "all season") tires in the snow (and, maybe, mud) but their design is still a compromise.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help, these will be on order in short order.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
.......The last time I had dedicated snow tires for a car was in 1970! That was on a Pontiac Trans-Am. It would not go in snow without studded snows! That was the only reason I had them then. ........Dom
Don't have that choice (on studs) up here, but, due to the fact the stock tires are done this year (35k with two winters of studs :mad: ), I will need new summer tires. This feedback definitely puts them in the top choices. Thanks everyone for the input... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts