Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: Nokian Tires on my E

I had a set of Nokian WR (all weather plus) 215/70/16 for exactly 3 years. They had 60,000 KM (37,200 miles) before I had replaced them for this winter.
The tires were pro-rated and I got $76 per tire towards their replacements. (Any tire in the store)
The roads up here are kinda rough plus I did a lot of travelling on gravel roads. The tires were pro-rated for 100,000 km
Each tires did show some extra wear on the inside?!
Toeing?

I was very happy with the tires. Great in the snow and ice, quite and stable ride.

I now have the Nokian WRG2 version. So far so good
I certainly recommend the brand and the tire
Thanks

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I'm with you on all counts. They are one of the best tires I have ever used. I thought the Michelin XLT's were good, until I gave these a shot. The XLT's don't hold a candle to this tire.

Quiet, stable, smooth, long lasting and traction in all conditions. What more can you ask from a tire.

Plus there not made with Dino oil in the tread ! Read more.
Dom

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found a decent deal while on holiday vacation with a place selling the Nokian WR, but given the nokian site's statements about the WR G2 having better rolling resistance and suc, I wonder if they may be a better buy for me, seeing as how I only visit icy/snowy weather and live in a regularly warm place but want mild off-road ability without having to change tires.

So all in all-for primarily road driving with some flexibility for the real elements, would there be a difference between the WR and the WRg2?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Having had them on the track, I can tell you that there is not much Difference between them.

I will replace my WRs with WR2s and not think twice.

The traction in wet weather is outstanding. I have had dedicated rain tires that were not THIS good in the rain.

Back in the sports car days, I ran Pierelli cinturato CN72 rain tires.

The only thing I could find on the web on the CN72 was this, It's about the car it came on, more than about the tire.
It does show what I was driving at the time! It also shows How OLD I am !! :mad:

:45 years of technical partnership between Pirelli and Lamborghini
Pirelli and Lamborghini had already been working together for 45 years. It is necessary to go back to the Cinturato CN72 on the 350 GTV in 1963 to find the beginning of that working relationship, which continued to grow with the Miura, the Espada, and the Jarama. The Lamborghini Urraco made its debut on P7, the first low-profile tyre created by Pirelli, and then the Countach followed by the Jalpa. The "25th Anniversary" version of the Countach in 1987 signaled the move of the Ragging Bull to fit during the Nineties the whole Diablo family. The record perhaps remains of its read width, with its impressive asymmetrical design which will remain an emblem for the Pirelli-tyred supercars for years to come.

I got the 350 GTV in 1967 Well used, crashed, but fixable! I had to rebuild the engine on it myself. Parts were all but nonexistent!

Dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts