Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Toyo Open Country HT

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Need to buy new tires for my e the ones on are toyo open country Ht's But Im thinking about going with nokian wr g2 i was wondering if any one has got a chance to try both and their opinion?

·
Registered
590 Posts
what for? got snow? go WRG2 hands down. no snow? go Toyo. i've got a lot of experience with both of those tires having sold quite a few sets and have a few sets in the family. Hts wear well, as do the WRG2's. you've narrowed it down to two excellent choices, and will get a good tire either way.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Day 1....my wife liked the Nokian WRG2 tires...... feels heavier and more contact to the road than the Goodyear Wranglers......

tomorrow Rain/Snow mix..... will report later

·
Registered
590 Posts
just got the second set of WRG2's in the other day. put them on the wife's car last year, and i struggled on a set of Destinantion LE's from firestone through the winter. they're about smoked, so WRG2's it is. 225 flavor to be exact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What size are you guys using?

I live in Coeur D Alene, ID and am looking for a good all Season tire and what I have read points to the Nokian WRG2 what size are you guys using? Is the milage good? Most important thing to me is the saftey without going to an actual snow tire. Quiet ride would also be nice.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I live in Coeur D Alene, ID and am looking for a good all Season tire and what I have read points to the Nokian WRG2 what size are you guys using? Is the milage good? Most important thing to me is the saftey without going to an actual snow tire. Quiet ride would also be nice.

I use the Nokian in the 225 size. If you are looking for snow traction, then stay with the 215 size. They do make some noise, but are much quieter than the Goodyear silent armors I have on my Element> ( My wife has the Nokians on her E ! ) .

We are in love with the solid road feel the Element now displays. That stuck to the pavement kind of feeling, you get from sports cars. We have also observed that it now does much better in cross winds. That in and of itself makes the tire worth it for some people. They also have a superior rive VS the stock tire.

We noticed a slight increase in fuel mileage. About 1 MPG! Not enough to say that they help the fuel economy any. You must also take into consideration that they are wider than stock. That usually hurts the fuel mileage some .....

Dom

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I have had both Nokian's in 215 and 225 size. I switched back to 215 this time. The 225 had my Odo/speedo off a little so I switched back to the stock size tire.

I had the WR SUVs for almost 115,000 miles and just got my first set of WR G2 SUVs and so far they are nice. First road trip is planned for this weekend so will be able to break them in. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thx

Well! I have have made my choice and Im going with the nokian's to try them out. Ill let you know witch one i like better on my 07 e im going with the stock size. Thx all for your input again.:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Toyo Open Country HTs offer superior dry and wet handling over the Nokians.

I run snow tires on separate wheels for the winter.

Fred

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also have the Nokian WRG2. What I noticed right off was a bit more noise. I'm using the stock size 215. I also noticed a change in actual speed. My Garmin indicated a bit lower speed than my speedo indicated. This didn't happen with my GY OEM Tires. My fuel mileage is also slightly lower, but that may be due to the slightly smaller diameter of the tire. The wet weather traction is excellent compared to the OEM. I haven't had them in snow yet, but I expect they will be much better than the Goodyears.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Toyo Open Country H/T and after a full round of seasons in Oregon (rain, snow, dry, dirt, gravel) I really do love them. They are SO much better than the stock tires. They handle great in the rain and seem quieter and more stable. I got the next size up from the stock (the exact number escapes me at the moment) and I'm glad I did. They look better and feel better on corners. I haven't had the nokians so I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have the Nokian WR-G2 SUV tires on my '09 Forester in 215/65R16 and they are without doubt the best all around, all weather tire I've owned. Replaced the stock Bridgestone Duelers at only 7K as they are horrible in snow and were wearing badly (and the Duelers are $140 each!!).

Once I get the suspension fixed on my E (needs rear struts), I'll replace the Badyears with Nokians.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts