Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Nokians. I'm planning on just buying them again...that is unless someone can convince me differently. There seems to be so many to choose from. Anyone have any different experiences with other Nokians? I like a tire that can cut right through this PNW rain and hike up mountains like a champ.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd recommend against the WR's as they are at the end of their manufacturing life. Down the road if you trash one of them (run over a bolt, rip a sidewall, etc) and they are no longer being made you will have to buy at least two new tires and better four new tires.

I just put the WRG2's on mine and I love them.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I'd recommend against the WR's as they are at the end of their manufacturing life. Down the road if you trash one of them (run over a bolt, rip a sidewall, etc) and they are no longer being made you will have to buy at least two new tires and better four new tires.

I just put the WRG2's on mine and I love them.

Your statement will be more convincing if we know what part of the country your from.

I love the Nokians on my wifes E as well .. The next set goes on My E.

Dom

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just gave up on the OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/T (P.O.S.) tires on my 2009 Forester and installed a set of Nokian WR G2's.

They have been wonderful in the rain, ride better than the Duelers and don't flat spot when they sit overnight in below 30F weather like almost every other SUV/Truck tire I've used. The 215-65-16's for my Subaru were $130 each plus taxes and mounting.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just pulled the trigger on new shoes! I decided to go with the new Nokian WRG2's. I also got a front end alignment for $69.00.

All told with the Nokian rebate of $50 (mail in) from Tire Factory, I paid about $165 per tire. Considering that I paid $150 for the Nokian WRSUV per tire 70,000 miles ago I'd say I did pretty well.

I have to report that the new Nokians ride even better than the Nokian WRSUV's. It's almost like we have a new car!

Thanks for the recommendations!

Oh I got them at Kirkland, WA Tire Factory. They're a decent shop in my opinion, except that they put in 10W 30 weight oil in my car....:?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts