Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title describes an Element that is sitting at a local Ford Dealership, only 2.5 miles away.

This may be a stupid question, but since the Element is at a Ford dealership, does it still retain the manufactures warranty since it is only a 2008 with 15k miles? Is it necessary to have the car inspected by a 3rd party? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't Ford do a certified inspection? I just bought my 2008 with 22000 miles ex awd for $16000 from a private owner and I still have warranty left on it. When I ran carfax there is a place that asks if I want to extend the warranty also. I'm no expert but I would assume that it should have warranty left on it. It usually will say so on the window sticker also or check for the car online where it will give you this info. If Ford did certify it than they should stand behind the car. Private sales should be taken to your mechanic for inspection.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but it looks like I will have to use that information when I pursue my next E. I Just called the dealership to set up a test drive and found out the car sold 4 days ago. The Vehix ad was not removed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow. i was wondering how fast these things sold! I just got mine less than a week ago. The previous owner only had a for sale sign on it for 4 hours when I came along, drove it and said "I'll take it!" you will find the right one. keep looking!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
The title describes an Element that is sitting at a local Ford Dealership, only 2.5 miles away.

This may be a stupid question, but since the Element is at a Ford dealership, does it still retain the manufactures warranty since it is only a 2008 with 15k miles? Is it necessary to have the car inspected by a 3rd party? Thanks for your time.
As long as the car does NOT have a salvage title, the original Honda warranty of
36K miles or 3 years will be intact. If there was an extended warranty
purchased, you will have to find out if it is transferable. Most are. Good luck
with your search, you wont regret it once you have found the right one for you.

I just pulled this off the Honda site:

* Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 3/36,000.
* Powertrain Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 5/60,000.
* Corrosion Limited Warranty (years/miles) = 5/unlimited.
* Accessory Limited Warranty - All Honda accessories are covered up to 3 years or 36,000 miles, depending on time of installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts