Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed or had installed a non-Honda Remote Keyless Entry and Alarm system?

I am just having a hard time wanting to spend $650+ to have the Honda one installed at my dealership....I know I have seen posts about doing it yourself....but I am just not up for that. I have seen a few systems at Circuit City and the like starting at $175 (much more resonable)

Any thoughts/comments??

Any recomendations on specific non-Honda systems?

Thanks a Bunch!
Diane :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got a Code Alarm TW2 installed at ABC Warehouse for $382. It includes the alarm, a 555u unit to bypass the immobilizer, remote start, and labor.

I got a bargain though because I knew a guy there, I think regular retail would have been closer to $600. I have been real happy with it so far. It included a two-way remote, which means that if my alarm goes off then my remote will vibrate/beep and highlight which area of the car set off the alarm.

If you don't want the two-way pager feature you could get a Viper 550ESP which includes remote start, and Circuit City should be able to sell it to you installed for around $400.

Still quite a bit cheaper than the OEM Honda alarm installed by the dealer and more functions. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought a remote starter/alarm/keyless entry from hh Gregg for 349.00 including installation. I can't remember the brand, though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
you can buy a remote starter/alarm/unlock/lock for $90 US funds. To buy the box that bypasses the Honda Key security (this one you don't need to use one of the keys, it learns the data stream) is another $33. I think it is quite reasonalble considering what you pay just to unlock the doors from Honda.

I am sure installation is going to run you over $100 if you cannot do it yourself

·
Registered
1 Posts
:roll:
we just ordered our SOP Element EX and the dealer is charging $469 for the keyless and security system. While it's not Hand A price ,it seems ok.
I do think the labor charge for the keyless is ridiculous, but my dp did have the final say.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow - I'm in the wrong business. $650 for an alarm system and keyless entry, that's nuts. It takes 10 minutes to install the keyless entry and about 1 hour to install the factory alarm system. Both of these can be had for less than $300 from H and A. Maybe I need to stop working on Hondas for free...

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer installed a keyless entry made by the same company that does Viper alarms. The factory keyless was on backorder. They put mine in for $192 or something like that. I think it's nicer than the factory one 'cause it locks and unlocks my doors automatically when I turn the ignition on or off, and it doesn't honk when you hit the panic button.

You can put your own keyless in relatively easily, but then if you screw up the electrical system Honda can say it was your fault and not cover it. Personally, I think it should be a standard accessory anyway... it is on most cars these days. I was surprised when they told me it wasn't a standard item on the EX.

Drew

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I had the Crimestopper CS2011RS II installed for $220 total (incl. cost of unit).

Remote start, engine idle, engine cool-down, anti-carjack, hood-pop trigger, auto windows down, mobile elctronics protection... it kicks ass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a DesignTech keyless entry, remote starter put in. Including the bypass and 2 keychain remotes, and labor, the cost was about $340. I had it installed at a local shop. The remotes seem kind of cheap, but otherwise I like the setup. An alarm would have cost an additional $75

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed the Marksman M11 myself, paid $200 for the system. Has alarm/keyless/starter/Aux functions. Was not too difficult, took some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts