Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been looking at Elements for the past few weeks, this would be my first one, and have come down to just looking at EXs. I've found one that's a 2005 for sale at a dealer and wanted some feedback on it. Here are the specs;
Rally Red
EX
36,100 miles
Auto, All wheel drive
Black interior
splash guards and window rain guards for accessories
Honda Pre-Owned Certified
Ask is $15890.00

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks in advanced.
Looking forward to owning one soon.
Anthony

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems like a better deal I'm looking at for a 08 SC with 36666miles for $18k plus tax and fee which will bump it up to 19k.
but I may be wrong

·
Registered
727 Posts
The price seems to be a little on the high side BUT if being a certified used Honda means that it comes with a significant warranty, then make them an offer and see what you can get them down to. I paid $19200 for mine in 2005 when it was new. Mine has the 5spd. stick which I prefer and a roof rack as part of the deal.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. BTW, I kinda liked the Ralley Red pain but liked the Orange even better.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The price seems to be a little on the high side BUT if being a certified used Honda means that it comes with a significant warranty, then make them an offer and see what you can get them down to. I paid $19200 for mine in 2005 when it was new. Mine has the 5spd. stick which I prefer and a roof rack as part of the deal.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. BTW, I kinda liked the Ralley Red pain but liked the Orange even better.
- - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - -

AGREED...!

LBD

·
Registered
143 Posts
For reference, I got a 2005, Ralleye Red from a private seller.

5 speed
52k miles
splash guards, running boards, bhug deflector, tailgate spoiler, roof rack, floor mats, AWD, new tires

All that, for $13k. To me, its not worth paying that much extra $ for a warranty. either try to talk them down, or look elsewhere, unless you like that particular car enough that you are acknowledging that you are willing to pay a premium. I frankly think I overpaid for mine, but I was willing to pay a premium for a 5 speed (since it was the only one within 3 horus of me).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ask yourself what the car would cost new (around $23K, perhaps). Then ask yourself how much difference you're talking per year on a 5-6 year old car (less than $1,500 per year). Then ask yourself what the car will be worth in another 5 years - do you think you can sell an 11 year old car for $10,000 or so? If not, maybe you'd be better off spending a little bit more and getting a new Element... or paying less for a used Element.

Personally, I'd be looking to pay around $13,000 - $14,000 for a 2005, but that's just my own belief that the previous owner should be willing to give up $2,000 per year or so for the privilege of driving a new(er) car. The lower mileage and being Honda certified would add something to what I would be willing to pay, maybe $1,000 or so (so maybe $14,000 instead of $13,000).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts