Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have such bad luck!!! :eek:

I just bought my E for two weeks, and today, when I was driving on the freeway, I heard this really loud "pop" noice suddenly. So when i got a chance to stop, I looked a round the car and saw this pinky size dent on the driver rear side near the rear lights. I think a rock hit my E on the freeway... :eek: I can't believe this...barely two weeks and it's dented. I hope it doesn't cost much to repair a little dent like that...cause that little dent is bugging me. :evil:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no....I don't have a side step. My car was hit right above the tail light. The rock probably came from another car or something. I don't know... :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
[quote:851eeeac99="bubble709"]hmm...DXboy...is that site a do it yourself thing?? I wonder if it works.[/quote:851eeeac99]

Its not a do it yourself thing. I actually used their services myself once.

Right after I got my Element, I noticed two small dimples (about the size of a dime) in the top rear hatch area near the key hole. They used this tool that massages and pushed the dimples out from the inside! Total cost was $75 and less than an hour's time. I was very satisfied with the results. No trace of the dimples at all!

I told him that I would definitely come back if I were in need of his services again! 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
icic...thanks for the suggestion. I wonder where do they have their shops...I hope to get my dent fix soon...I don't like it....my E should be flawless :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are pretty far though...all the way at thousand oaks. I live near Pasadena...anyone know any good body shop around pasadena??

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote:356d739edc="bubble709"]I have such bad luck!!! :eek:

I just bought my E for two weeks, and today, when I was driving on the freeway, I heard this really loud "pop" noice suddenly. So when i got a chance to stop, I looked a round the car and saw this pinky size dent on the driver rear side near the rear lights. I think a rock hit my E on the freeway... :eek: I can't believe this...barely two weeks and it's dented. I hope it doesn't cost much to repair a little dent like that...cause that little dent is bugging me. :evil:[/quote:356d739edc]

thats sucks but i understand..............one week after i bought mine someone scratched some choice words on the entire passenger side, then a rock cracked my windsheild, and after that was all fixed someone opened their door into my passenger mirror with a nice scratch. no luck here either :roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would avoid the do-it-yourself Ding King item. The problem I have heard about is that, unlike the professional dent removal services that smooth the dent from behind the body's sheet metal, the Ding King relies on a temporary adhesive that can literally pull a circular layer of paint off the side of your E. I was interested in this item and a friend gave me the bad news related to the risks. It would be better to pay professionals like Dent Wizard, Dent Magician or others. Luckily, my dealer offers to do any new car customer's first door ding free. These Professional removal services only work if you have no paint damage. Best of luck with dealing with every Element owner's biggest fear...the dreaded first ding

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry for your trouble BOXD IN. You must have felt sick with a run of such bad luck. Unfortunately, their are a lot of not nice, dishonest people in the world and a couple of them found you. Also, to be clear; When I wrote a "professional dent removal service" I was referring to the paintless type service. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had paintless dent removal on my civic and I was VERY pleased with the results. I couldnt even tell where they were, and these dents were considerable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My roomate works in insurance and they visited a few paintless dent removal places as part of training... and BOY to those repairmen make a nice living! the ones at this one shop were making about 60 k per year! I tell ya I'm in the wrong business!

:x

·
Registered
41 Posts
My roomate works in insurance and they visited a few paintless dent removal places as part of training... and BOY to those repairmen make a nice living! the ones at this one shop were making about 60 k per year! I tell ya I'm in the wrong business!

:x

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer provided me with a certificate good for 90 days (from time of purchase) to be used at any participating Dent Wizard for free removal of any dent the size of a nickle!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got the time to go ask for a estimate on fixing the little dent i got on the freeway. Shockingly....i went to this collision center and they are asking me for 790 BUX for a little pinky size dent. They said they need to remove the back, the bumper, the side panels and all those mumble jumble. I am totally shocked...how is that possible?? I was actually thinking of below 100 bux repair. Cause I don't wanna spend too much money, yet, I want my dent to be fixed.

If any of you guys live around the LA area or the Riverside area and know any cheap and reliable body shop....let me know...I need some suggestion. Thanks a bunch!! :wink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The gizmo in the link given is commonly known as the "Ding King". I picked one up at Target for $24.99. I never expected it to work, but my daughter gave me an opportunity when some "bad guys" beat the living heck out of her 26-hours-old car. The bottom line is, it works, but you MUST follow the instructions to the letter, especially the temperature range. If it's too hot, the glue doesn't set up completely and it just pulls away leaving the dent behind. In South Texas that can be and was an issue.

I hope it works for you as well as it did for us. When the dust settled and I had removed as many dents as I could, the repair bill went from $2200 estimated, all the way down to $600. Not too shabby for $24.99.

·
Registered
58 Posts
[quote:2e8d17f4b4="magicrat"]My dealer provided me with a certificate good for 90 days (from time of purchase) to be used at any participating Dent Wizard for free removal of any dent the size of a nickle![/quote:2e8d17f4b4]

Ah, don't worry. It's not bad luck. It's a safety net :)

Dent Wizard is pretty amazing. They once removed a dent the size of a golf ball from my Chevy Blazer. I mean, it was way bigger than a nickel, but the guy seemed pretty confident and we was good to his word. I think it cost like $115, and I waited right there while he did it.

They can't work on certain areas of the car, though. It depends on where the dent is located, but it seems like they can take out major door dings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you wouldn't believe me if i told you but i know a guy that worked over in spain at the Seat factory (spanish version of volkswagen) last year over 15,000 cars were hit with hail he worked 7 days a week 12 hr days and grossed well and i mean well over six figures. not everyone can do the trade, you can NOT learn it in any two week school or even 4 week school. www.dentnetwork.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts