Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here about to purchase a used '04 or '05 EX - SMM or GGM, pref cert. pre-owned w/ warranty. Any one got any dirt on Dublin, Hansel (Petaluma) or Walnut Creek Honda? (or other dealers)

Sales-folk to seek out or avoid?

Seems like +/-15k is the current asking price. I have read a fair amount on the tire & rubber thread, I am looking for the ultimate Town & Country set-up as I commute into the Bay Area (freeway hell), but live in the sticks w/ a lot of curvy paved country roads, steep dirt and gravel roads + driveways.

I know there are a zillion threads w/ good info, finding them quickly is the challenge..Cheers All - Thanks in advance!! kerry-oki

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
El Cerrito Honda found me my 07 when a dozen other bay area dealers gave me the line "there isnt a TRP LX 4WD AT in the entire state of california":rolleyes: But the el cerrito service department sucks bigtime. :mad:
I've heard really bad word of mouth about Berkeley Honda and Oakland Honda.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought a new Accord from Anderson Honda (Palo Alto) back in 2002 and got a GREAT deal! They are a big dealership and I think the sales volume must work in their favor. I don't have a clue about how they would be with used cars, but (for a car dealer) they were fairly pleasant to work with. Never had any repair issues, so I can't tell you about anything other than buying the car from them.

Love the E, but sometimes I still miss my Accord.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a buddy that is a mechanic for Dublin Honda but I don't know any sales people there. I purchased my SC almost exactly a year ago from Avery Green Honda in Vallejo and it was the best car buying experience I could have ever wished for. Of course I have no idea what they would have in stock and who you would deal with but I had a great experience there. Very low pressure, everything well explained and just a piece of cake. My sales guys name was Donald Parker...not sure if he still works there but his business card says new and used car sales.
At first I went to Walnut Creek they were nice, took me on a test drive but did not have the car I was looking for which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts