Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any E-freaks want to get together up here on the NorthCoast? Lets show everybody this ain't "Ford Country"

·
Registered
285 Posts
i got someone to wave in akron last night. looked like a SMM model. I was in my SOP.

im in beachwood area. you?
best
D.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Kent with a SSM Elley - usually see at least one cruising around here daily. Unfortunately most don't seem to be a friend breed though, no waving or gesturing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote:d6efd05973=" "]hahhaha id rather see a wave than a "gesture" lololol...

best!
d.[/quote:d6efd05973]

Well it is the Akron area, so you know there are never any shortages of gestures around here....

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah know it well. my wife works down there so i find myself in that area alot. usually downtown.

i was down at university circle (cleveland) a few weeks ago and ran across another SOP at a stoplight. the guy seemed suprised someone would wave lol. but he reciprocated with a smile :D

best!
d.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was on 90 east today in Cleveland and I look behind me and here comes another Black Element trying to catch up with me. I thought he was going to wave so I got my big cheesey smile and started to wave and they didn't look over. What was the point of that...his looked like mine, he wasn't showing me anything new.

And if I see an element while in cleveland or Akron, I will be sure to wave, so keep your eye out. Hopefully, I will have my EOC sticker that I asked for, for christmas shortly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
think about a winter get together somewhere after christmas. ..ill be out of touch between the 18th till christmas night. but after that. we should def. start plotting something. ill try and check the board while on the road. but it might not be too easy.

whadda you say. wont be too many of us. but a few will add up to more at later get-togethers.

wife should be driving my E in the akron area while im gone and she isnt the waving type lol. so dont get discouraged if you see my SOP and no one waves back lol.

mine has a small orange honda H on the lower right hand corner of the rear window with a 3 above and to the right of it. (stands for "honda cubed" heh)
also has running boards and the coastal metals 2 piece lower grille set (in powder coated black)

when i return ill also put on my bugflector2. (smoked)

best of luck and happy holidays to all!
D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am all for a little meet! My B/F looks at me crazy when I wave to people and then I just tell him he wouldn't understand. Well Black, since it was your idea, we will look for you after you get back. Hope you have a safe and great holiday!

Tell your wife to understand if she gets a wave!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:f449944da0=" "]mine has a small orange honda H on the lower right hand corner of the rear window with a 3 above and to the right of it. (stands for "honda cubed" heh) [/quote:f449944da0]

I think I might have mentioned this elsewhere, but I'd love to make one of those out of the "traser" sign-making material, since those glow-for-20-year signs are actually powered by H^3 (tritium)! That's my favorite element. :)

On the other hand, I'm not too much of a fan of the Hummer reference itself.

(geekily),
-brendan

·
Registered
285 Posts
wow now i thought i was geekish! lol. i used a honda logo "H" from a large windshield top sticker that has one at each end. and says "powered by honda" in the center. the "H" logos were orange already, making a good match for my SOP. the 3 i cut from aluminum hi temp duct tape with scissors and a X acto knife blade. . and when done and adhered, i gave it a light burnish with a scotch bright pad to give it a brushed appearance. to protect it i gave it a light coat of wax. . all in all it came out to my vision pretty well.
no oxidation yet. (even tho road salt etc has been in play etc)

good luck with the tritium! lol

i posted a little blurb on another E site as well regarding a post christmas get together, so with a little luck. perhaps we will get to know each other a little better.

best!
D.

..pardon me sir, but my karma just ran over your dogma..

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:a5c40e5ab3=" "]good luck with the tritium![/quote:a5c40e5ab3]

Not bound to happen any time soon, as the USA still has strict import restrictions on it. The Britts are the only ones who are producing it these days (we've got plenty stockpiled, and being recycled from previous "applications").

See, in addition to 20-year always-lit signs, glow-in-the-dark hands for wristwatches (etc.), and military nighttime map-reading and trail-marking devices, there's only one additional known use for that particular isotope of hydrogen: the H-bomb!

-brendan

PS - Ok, the Britts and Aussies use it for glow-in-the-dark keychains. Those rock, esp. during power failures...

·
Registered
285 Posts
if im gonna think this out. id like to know some location preferences for a meeting. i think just showing up at one eatery or another might not be a bad idea. but be nice. lol I moved out here from san francisco area and dont know many places outside my normal routine.

i propose perhaps the chammps off 271 on the way north to i-90? (lander area?) but i know thats kind of a haul for you akron/kent/wooster folk. anything more central perhaps? reccomendations are needed!

(and directions to it perhaps lol)

best of luck
D.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in Grafton and usually drive around Elyria/ Sheffield. Whenever anyone wants to get together let me know!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Fyre,I live in Oberlin and my daughter lives in Grafton. My wife keeps telling me she sees an E running around in Grafton.

·
Registered
285 Posts
the holidays have slid past us with some degree of normalcy and probably everyones just decelerating after the mania of christmas and the overindulgence of new years. so lets hook up! lol

i want to hear some ideas from you N.E. Ohio Types n where you might like to get together. a favourite restaurant, etc where there is some parking etc so we can peer at each other's vehicles in warm bliss from where our tables are. hehe

i will start with a recommendation..
perhaps Chammps which is right off of 271n before you hit 90 e/w

i see some plus's of all this . one since its winter, we all have good excuse for having filthy salt encrusted E's. little work to be done detailing this time of year. its pointless,

the second reason isnt a bad one either. that we get a chance to meet face to face, get to know each other and our cars. and be able to do some fun stuff as a group once the real good weather starts.

how about it guys. lets see some input on where sounds good.

best!
D.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts