Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me Orange Element delivered by the dealer to my house- that was great! Had the nose mask and side steps installed. The nose mask seems to gap at the edges. Anyone else have this? Here in Oregon where it rains a gallon an hour this just looks like a swamp hole waiting to mold over. Any thoughts? :roll:

·
Registered
608 Posts
While we thought about the nose mask for our Element, we passed on it. I have heard that car bras can be a problem for the car long term, so we went with the bug deflector. You can't have both on the car at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
rml: bug deflector an easy install?, we do not wanna drill holes in the e, can you comment, thanks

you happy with it? thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yoda,

For detailed instructions on the bug deflector, check out http://www.handa-accessories.com/element.html

They show on line exactally what had to be done to install each item. There is no drilling with this install

Does it help......I have no idea, but it can't hurt. The only issue I have with it, and I am not even sure it is with it, it could just be the E itself, but I have a hard time once in a while getting the hood closed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you ever read the documents that come with any nose mask/hood bra, they usually tell you to remove it when it rains. That isn't always an option, but you do need to remove it frequently to remove any dirt, leaves, and other debris that can slip between the mask and your hood. It also needs to be washed and allowed to completely dry before reinstalling. This can leave your hood exposed from time to time, that is why a lot of people prefer the plastic bug shields.

I personally prefer the nose mask and have had one on my 1996 GMC Sonoma since shortly after I bought it (May 96). I don't have any marks or damage from the bra after all these years. The way this is accomplished is simple, but a little more expensive... buy two and alternate! Also, hitting the covered area with a little wax everytime you change the mask keeps the surface protected. In the winter, bugs aren't a problem, so you can often go bra-less as long as you don't get behind a gravel truck!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hmmmmmm, now I am thinking I should switch to the "bug deflector", especially as I did not realize that the "nose mask" was not a deflector when I ordered the "E".

Iskie

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are definitely an acquired taste - If you think you can put it on and leave it, think again! As Alien Element described - they are an item that requires some maintenance to keep clean, nice, and keep the paint from getting clouded - expecially in the wetter climates. But they DO offer quite a bit of protection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with the dealer today about the nose mask gap. He said it needs to be in the sun for a few weeks to stretch and adjust. Helo, we are in Oregon...in winter. I swapping for the deflector. If I had to take the mask off every time it rained...well, why bother having it at all. Anyone in Arizona want a slightly used (1) day old nose mask before I turn it in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the bug deflector and it was as simple as possible. No drilling everything is there to install. 10 minutes and it was done.
Note. The directions state the air temp. must be 60 degrees, I installed in an air temp of 10 degrees...no problems. Looks great too.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just got my first rock chip on the hood this weekend and I just ordered the bug deflector today, now can you go through a drive through car wash and is it easy to keep underneeth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After installing the bug deflector, I wash the car myself with a house but I have not had any issues with washing underneath. I would think it would be fine in a car wash as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts