Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Element Ex and a base Yakima rack, so today when I was loading boats I was standing on the inside edge with the doors open so I could tie them down and move them into position. Suddenly I must have moved back too far and I stepped on the large plastic trip that is below the door when it is close and the whole thing popped off from the door seem to the front wheel! I was not happy to see how easily removed it was. I think I might want to get some side steps now for loading boats! Any ideas for good/cheap side steps?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
If you have the Yakima Rack, just get a boatloader, it slides inside the rack tube, you pull it out and load the boat...its easy..

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
A folding three step aluminum stepladder is an economic solution and doesn't look as dumb as the side steps. The side steps won't get you very high either.

I used one for years to put whitewater canoes & kayaks on my Ford Clubwagon van. I now use my little stepladder to get into my Yakima Space Cadet cargo box that I carry on the Element.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I got this stool with a built in tool box at Lowes for $25.00.

stackon.jpg

It might work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts