Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those E owner in south cal. who got a E with a front sunroof. The sunroof is really nice, but unfortunately, I discovered a scratch about two inches long. So I decide to take it to my dealer and let them fix it for me. I went to the service department, they told me to bring it to the new and used car service manager and let him look at it. So I did. Then...he told me that I need to bring it to where they installed the sunroof. Here is the problem, the front sunroof is after market. My dealer took the car to this place and have them installed the sunroof before putting it on the lot for sale. So that means I have to bring it to the place where they installed the sunroof. So I got the address and everything. I went today, and then the people working there checked the vin number and said that the sunroof on my E is not installed there because it didn't show up on the computer. So I asked them to call the dealer and talk to that service manager, and the service manager at my dealership told me then that he made a mistake and my sunroof is installed somewhere else. It was a total waste of time. It took me a total of two hours driving there and back, and I brought my car to the dealer on monday. After 3 days, I have accoplished nothing, and I am still waiting for the "right" person to take a look at my car and tell me what I can do about the scratch let alone getting the repair started. I am just so mad right now about how the manager can make that kind of mistake and wasted so much of my time. I have been driving to all the places they tell me to just to find someone to check it out, but no one seems to know what to do about it, or maybe they don't care. I don't know what to do, I kind of lost faith in my dealership's ability now. I just wanna get it fix. :x

phew...ok...that was a long post...but I said what i wanted to say. Can you guys believe this actually happening? arghh :cry:

·
Registered
504 Posts
You bought it from your Dealer. They are responsible, one way or the other. They can either get the ownership issue squared away or pay the installer to fix it. You need to get your dealer to understand this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be loud, be obnoxious, and do it in front of customers in the service area. You'll be amazed at how fast they find it in their best interest to help you. It sometimes will help if you go to your saleperson in the showroom where folks are making buying decisions, and do the same thing. They HATE negative "press" in front of potential buyers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts