Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing some of the Honda websites and came across some of the different Honda cars possibly coming to North America.

The first:

Its Honda's answer to the PT cruiser and seats 7. Built on the CRV platform, like our E, but might be sluggish if the same type of engine is in this one also. Called the Honda Stream, it will be known as the Latitude in North America.

Then I found this site:

Jazz

Its the Honda Jazz...haven't seen it before, but the seats do some funky things, and its not too bad, if you like the subaru outback type of cars...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any see the FR-V?

It has 3 seats in the front, and 3 in the back!

For those of you who want your kids within reach...

And the HR-V? It looks pretty cool...

Shame these are UK models.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The Latitude is kind of boring IMHO- part wagon part mini-van, not all that different than the orginal Odyssey really. The Jazz is kind of cute but, again, there are so many of these little city cars around now that they are all becoming much of a muchness.

Not that I particularly like the PT Cruiser but at least it stands out from the rest of the herd. You have to hand it to Chrysler for trying something different with its 300, Crossfire and Magnum as well, even if the execution has been a little flawed.

Difference is, of course, a large part of the E's appeal as well.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'd love to see that diesel engine in the E. I'd start refining my own biodiesel.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
PVR said:
The Latitude is kind of boring IMHO- part wagon part mini-van, not all that different than the orginal Odyssey really. The Jazz is kind of cute but, again, there are so many of these little city cars around now that they are all becoming much of a muchness.

Not that I particularly like the PT Cruiser but at least it stands out from the rest of the herd. You have to hand it to Chrysler for trying something different with its 300, Crossfire and Magnum as well, even if the execution has been a little flawed.

Difference is, of course, a large part of the E's appeal as well.
the new charger is nice too...and looks fast!

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
The Jazz is the Euro version of the JDM "Fit", which I believe is coming here relatively soon as the "City". Or Jazz. We'll see when they announce it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
MikeQBF said:
The Jazz is the Euro version of the JDM "Fit", which I believe is coming here relatively soon as the "City". Or Jazz. We'll see when they announce it.
You're right about the Jazz/Fit, but the City is it's own model. It's going to be offered eventually in the US, positioned below the Civic. If you haven't noticed, the Civic has been slowly going upmarket, closer to the Accord, to make room for a smaller car. Here's some pics I found:

·
Registered
779 Posts
MikeQBF said:
Cars like the Jazz/Fit are all over Rio as well. Seems folks in non-US big cities actually care about gas mileage/driveability/parkability!

·
Registered
625 Posts
that Rio comment makes sense as I've read the fit/jazz will be manufactured in Brazil for the American market...I'm thinking about getting one when they come out...back to a stick and make it alittle sporty! (it'll replace my 93 civic, not the E!)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey that City looks alright. Like an amalgam of the last-gen Civic, with some (very) vague Corolla and TSX references.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts