Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2010 EX a few days ago and really liked it. Then I discovered the ECamper posts.

The ECamper makes me want to sell my house, quit my job and hit the road!

More realistically, it makes me want to get back into camping, something I haven't done in years.

So now I'm looking for a 2008 (the last year with a sunroof) EX AWD AT. I know Ursa Minor can modify an E without the sunroof, but it adds to the cost, so I'd just as soon get a 2008 and save a bit both ways.

I have a few e-mails out. Wish me luck!

Rebecca

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got an 08 LX

Hadn't been planning to pull the trigger quite yet - but I had looked online and according to the website they had 3 of them - when I got there only 1 was left - of course it had to come home with me. I'm liking it so far but have to adjust to having such a big car I'm used to a nissan sentra. The rack parts arrived in the mail today so the weekend project will be to get the base rack on. Honda of Fife treated me well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So now I'm looking for a 2008 (the last year with a sunroof) EX AWD AT. I know Ursa Minor can modify an E without the sunroof, but it adds to the cost, so I'd just as soon get a 2008 and save a bit both ways.

I have a few e-mails out. Wish me luck!

Rebecca

The 2008 looks better, too. :) Anyway, good luck with your search! I wish I could afford an eCamper, they are very cool. I look forward to seeing yours at a meetup once you get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That 2006 in Morro Bay is really beautiful! It's even red!

What does lifting do to handling? Does it make the car more likely to roll over?

This would be my only car, so it has to be reasonably comfortable for driving around town.

Morro Bay's a long way away.

Honda redesigned the Element in 2007, didn't they? Is there a lot of difference between the 2006 and 2008? Doesn't the 2008 have improved safety equipment?

Hmmmm.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, that's a nice E, and a great deal. Well worth a trip to Morro Bay, IMHO. Besides, if you fly down, you can have your inaugural camping trip on the drive back up. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found a 2008 Element EX; it has 13,000 miles on it. It has fog lights. I can add a security system for $395. It comes with Honda certification. With the extra for the security system and title change fee, it will cost $24,000.

What do people think about that price? It seems a little high to me for a used car. On the other hand, it only has 13,000 miles on it. And it's an Element.

It's silver, which would not be my first choice, but isn't a deal breaker.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've found a 2008 Element EX; it has 13,000 miles on it. It has fog lights. I can add a security system for $395. It comes with Honda certification. With the extra for the security system and title change fee, it will cost $24,000.

What do people think about that price? It seems a little high to me for a used car. On the other hand, it only has 13,000 miles on it. And it's an Element.

It's silver, which would not be my first choice, but isn't a deal breaker.

Any suggestions?
I paid less than $24k for my '08 new. Seems like a rip off to me. If you're going to spend that much, add $1k for airplane tickets and fly to CA to get ahartig's that is ready to go with the eCamper. It has more miles, but is obviously well cared for and lots of nice goodies.

·
Registered
873 Posts
yup that sounds kinda real high,& the honda certification is a scam,dont do it for that. our local honda dealer had a 5000.00off special a month ago on all new hondas.and the E starts at 20325.00 from what I can find,add less than a thou for 4x4.do some checking around & dealing,dont get screwed !!!!! I wish I had gone somewhere else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Certification

yup that sounds kinda real high,& the honda certification is a scam,dont do it for that. our local honda dealer had a 5000.00off special a month ago on all new hondas.and the E starts at 20325.00 from what I can find,add less than a thou for 4x4.do some checking around & dealing,dont get screwed !!!!! I wish I had gone somewhere else.

Why is the Honda certification a scam? Isn't it worth it for the warranty?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My E is certified and one week after I purchased the vehichle the battery died so I went and bought one from a parts store for more than it would have cost Honda to replace it. Two weeks later I received a check for the full amount from Honda. They could have said that they would only cover the amount that it would have cost if I had gone to the dealer for a replacement but they paid me in full. You cannot do better than that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New E

Well, in spite of the price, I've decided to buy the silver 2008 EX. I pick it up tomorrow.

I've looked around at what's available in the area (mines coming from Bend, OR) and the price on this one doesn't seem out of the way.

I'm going to wait on the security system and have that done later.

I'm excited!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats!

Now, get an EOC sticker, and display prominently in the back. Maybe our path's will cross some day! I see lots of E's in Portland, I have NEVER seen another EOC sticker.

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts