Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have test driven the E several times now from the EX 5pd 2 wheel drive to the EX AWD auto trans. All rides seemed relatively smooth and comfortable. I had no complaints. I have to admit though, last nights test ride was not smooth. I could feel every bump, crack or whatever in the road. I think it's probably psychological since I still have my heart set on the EX 5speed. But that aside, honestly this is the first one that I have noticed it on. I drove it 17 miles and it felt the same all the way back to the dealership. :?: It must have been just that one, the other 2 other automatics I would swear did not feel that way. Go figure. I still want it though and will make sure whichever I decide on has no problems. It is possible this one may have had something going on with it. I think may I am just getting a wee bit anxious about all this shopping around.

LittleDogBox
Arlington,Va.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get the one you want but keep in mind driving in NVA is traffic and traffic light central. Also with all the snow we had in the last week the plows made tons of potholes that were not there two weeks. Either way you go I am sure you will love the Element.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed this with my new element as well Seems stiffer than the demo model. Cold (8 degrees fahrenhight) did make it a little stiffer, but not much more than at 30 degrees.

Why the variability. And is there something that can be done to make the ride a little smoother? I don't expect a living room but I don't expect bone jarring either.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember when I was interested in the Nisssan X-Terra. The XE model as I recall had different tires than the SE I test drove. The ride was noticeably different. The XE ended up being a much smoother ride although the SE was considered to be the more luxurious model of the two.
The next time I see my dealer I am going to talk to him about my observations.
It truly may be that the one Element I test drove had a different brand of tires or perhaps different shocks than the other Elements I drove. It would be a shame to give up on this vehicle because of something that could be so easy to change. I truly believe that some tires are not meant for a particular type of vehicle and can ruin it's performance and handling. Any thoughts on this from others :?:

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
80 Posts
thats common for the oil in the shocks to be thicker when cold.thus making a bumpier ride.to smooth out the ride you would need softer springs, and nobody makes them yet.unless the crv springs are softer and they are the some length. i wouldnt mess with it because it might make the cars handling unsafe.there is a company in austrailia called(old man emu) that makes progressive springs for trucks and suv. they make quality stuff. i put them on my suzuki sidekick and the ride was awsome. im waiting and hopeing they will eventually make springs for the element.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey I got a 'Zuki Kicker too! Of course, I'm ditching it for the Element as soon as I get it in and out of the body shop...

·
Registered
80 Posts
i sold mine, it had 150,000 on it. nothing ever went wrong with it. super reliable. the element is a better riding vehicle. but the suzi would lose the E in the woods. it was a good offroad truck. i took mine to arizona and explored the desert.i also went to AZ.with my favorite vehicle,a vw vanagon.that thing also went trail riding. if my vw can go offroad the element should be able to do something.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had a Sidekick sport JXL and I had sooo many problems with that car, as soon as the warranty was up I traded it in. I'm glad to hear others have had better luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts