Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Take a look at the rear sway bar bushings and the thing that caused that one mine was the rear shock started to leak oil out the top shaft seal and air got into it and caused the clunking. Also check the rear door striker and see if its loose on the side that the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Noise sounds like it's coming from the celilng on the passenger side.

I am hearing a screeching like sounds when I go on an incline or over a speed bump. It actually sounds like something needs to be tightened or maybe even oiled. But the sounds is coming from up top. Anyone having this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noise on right side

I just bought my E two weeks ago, and I was hearing a noise on the front right side, when I go over a bump or make right hand turns. I took it to my mechanic, he heard the noise, and determined it was the struts. He replaced the struts yesterday and I'm still hearing the noise. It's not as loud as it was, but I heard it twice today on my way to work. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speed bumps isn't a problem --- even thou i'll go to a diff mall that doesn't have them -:)

The clunk comes when I drive up off the street into my driveway at a angle ---- does it everytime and it's more annoying than anything else, also worry about what's going wrong !!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Try lubing your door's striker post's and related hardware (thair are a bunch so take your time and get em all). My 07 did this whenever I went over un even road's , and such, as soon as I lubed them (I even did the rear hatch and the front hood) the noise went away..

·
Registered
247 Posts
I used litheum grease, not sure on the spelling . I got it at Advanced but im sure any good parts store will have it.
They sell it in aresol cans or a little squeez bottle (I prefer the squeez bottle becaust the aresol spray can be a bit messy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts