Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my 4 bottles of Novus #1 plastic clean and shine polish from Packard Woodworks.com the other day. This stuff does wonders to all the plastic panels and all plastic parts outside. Is make them look BRAND NEW. Amazing stuff. It dries fast and leaves no residue. It is designed for automotive, boats, RV's, planes, fibergalss, vinyl and I used to use it back in the day when I was a bench tech, It made those IBM Thinkpads look look new. I paid about $7.00 per 8 oz bottle and I looked for months and this is the best price I found.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shnsx/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos/Shane%27s+Element+EX&.dnm=Novus+Polish+for+cladding.jpg&.view=t[/img]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you ever used the #2 or #3 polish? I was reading about it and wondered about getting some scratches off my bumper from a minor fender bender. It says that you can't use it on coated panels. Are our panels coated? If anyone has used the more abrasive polishes, or can give me some info, that would be great!
By the way...Ebay sells a lot of this stuff if you are looking for a good deal!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only used the #1 polish. I don't think our panels are coated, they seem to be straight plastic and nothing else. I thought about getting the #2 and #3 but it was a much better deal for 4 bottles of the #1 for $28.00 since this is what I wanted anyway. The stuff is great, I cleaned up my E the other day and the results are amazing. It takes away that dingy look completly with a like new, dust repelling look with out the wet look that Armor All gives.

[quote:1f652dd11d="Berniesgirl"]Have you ever used the #2 or #3 polish? I was reading about it and wondered about getting some scratches off my bumper from a minor fender bender. It says that you can't use it on coated panels. Are our panels coated? If anyone has used the more abrasive polishes, or can give me some info, that would be great!
By the way...Ebay sells a lot of this stuff if you are looking for a good deal![/quote:1f652dd11d]

·
Registered
53 Posts
ShaneS,

I didn't even notice until your second post that you are from Northern NJ. Where abouts? I used to live up there before moving to the shore a year ago.
I think I might go ahead and order this polish because it sounds great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live near Lake Hopatcong. Check out packard woodworks, they have a good price on the polish and they wont hammer you on the shipping.
Berniesgirl, Are you going next week to the meet at bear mountain, heriman state park, supposed to be about 20 elements there.

[quote:cfa4556863="Berniesgirl"]ShaneS,

I didn't even notice until your second post that you are from Northern NJ. Where abouts? I used to live up there before moving to the shore a year ago.
I think I might go ahead and order this polish because it sounds great. Thanks![/quote:cfa4556863]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts