Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever install after market steering wheel in their Element?

what hub adapter did you use? steering wheel?
NRG?

got pix? or any info at at all??

i searched and couldnt come up with anything other than people swapping in OEM Pilot steering wheels.

any help greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
You will also need to know how to get around the lack of an airbag. I know
that you can use a resistor to fool the SRS system into thinking it is still there,
I have no idea what size resistor or what value you would use. Or if it will even
work with the E.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will also need to know how to get around the lack of an airbag. I know
that you can use a resistor to fool the SRS system into thinking it is still there,
I have no idea what size resistor or what value you would use. Or if it will even
work with the E.
I have no passanger side airbag so I was thinking I could just remove the srs light bulb? I dunno if that's a posibility?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You also have to think about any adverse effects this would have on your insurance or if its even legal if the powers that be find out. To even get an aftermarket wheel to match the shape of the column plastic housing once the wheel is removed would be another thing to consider. I personally cant stand modifications done to a car with zero thought on form AND function. In this case, you will get one but not the other. Of course anything can be done, but your the one doing it.

To fill that void of mating the new with the existing old, a simple vac form buck or formed by hand heated ABS plastic would be the simplest way to go about it. Ive had to do this exact thing on numerous classic cars over the years since the lower part of the steering column has the piece either missing or it never existed from the factory.

Id suggest testing the waters in photoshop before you tear anything apart or invest a nickle into it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this is help from someone on another forum: copied and pasted here:

The quick release is universal but the hubs are not. I was just searching the web for element hub adapters and found NOTHING.

I went to weksos' website and here are their applications for hondas...

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2324&page=1

It doesn't show an Element as an option but does show all makes of CRV's and FIT's so idk if those wheels are interchangeable with and Element or not.??? Only thing I've found online Element specific is hub spacers and the quick release (which are both universal) but not the hubs. I would maybe call WekSos and see what they say unless CRV and FIT wheels are interchangeable in which case I would think the hub would be interchangeable as well.

******so my latest question is, are CRV/FIT steering wheels interchangable with the element???

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replaced the stock steering wheel (now available to someone) with the Honda leather one with red stitching. A really nice feel compared to the original. I bought a standard steering wheel puller, which worked OK--it had many variations of bolt patterns to line up with the factory bolt pattern. I can provide more details of the unit if you'd like.

The instructions that came with the new steering wheel worked fine and the old wheel comes off just fine although some of the bolts were very tight.

anyone ever install after market steering wheel in their Element?

what hub adapter did you use? steering wheel?
NRG?

got pix? or any info at at all??

i searched and couldnt come up with anything other than people swapping in OEM Pilot steering wheels.

any help greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
After market Steering wheel

Hey guys! I search this forum for information on replacing the factory steering wheel with an aftermarket wheel. There seems to be no information on this forum about it. Everything I found was about the pilot wheel or the leather bound one, which I am not interested in. I completely understand the law and removing an air bag wheel but when customizing an "E" or any other vehicle, this is common practice. Now I know that Pro Import Tuners carries steering wheels for Elements, so I am wondering if anyone as done it yet, and if so what wheel did you use and what hub or quick release adapter, also do you have any pics? I plan on doing this mod, I just need the help of someone that has already done it. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
BUMP!

i have a momo spoon sports steering wheel from my old civic.
can anyone confirm ^ the dc5 hub works?
found this pic on instagram under #element. i saw it and my old wheel popped into my head.
any info would be appreciated. id love to have a quick release wheel!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts