Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Nice pictures !

Thanks for sharing, let us know how long it takes to get all the sand out from the inside........................you'll be finding some for a year

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Agreed, nice picture!!! B U T --- The SALTWATER will have been in the last nook and cranny, and soon all the zinc, aluminum, and cadmium plated parts will be pitted and look like crap for eternity!!!

A faint accquaintance of mine has done this with a VW bug, just to see the floor pan slowly disolve within a few short years.

Your E is much better protected, but I would NEVER run my cars near a saltwater body...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah I kept finding sand everywhere and it doesn't help that I went back again this year. The first thing I did after I got off the beach was run to a DIY carwash and spray the entire E down. A lot of fun though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome photos bro.
Love the shot of you going down the beach.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Hopefully I will hopefully be making some weekend camping trips this weekend, hopefully I'll have some more pics soon!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sweet, sweet pics! I'm a big fan of the OBX! We've stayed at Buck Island in Corolla for the last 5 or 6 years. Is the area in the pictures north of Corolla where the Route 12 ends? I didn't have my E when we went this past spring, but if I did.........hmmmm!

·
Registered
689 Posts
We usually stay in the Currituck Club in Corrella. Here's an overhead shot of my E from last summer.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Mode of transport

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm on Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks right now! how did the E do in the sand? I'm debating whether to take my E out on the beach or not this week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It did alright, I didn't take it that far this year. I hit a point on the beach where the sand was all rutted up from other trucks. If you can go during low tide you can ride along the packed sand from when the tide rolled out. Have fun! We usually get a house between 14 of us, right on the beach, good times!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Salt ? Yikes!!!

We took our bikes to Kiawah I on the OBX a couple years ago.

We rode on the beach a lot, and I hosed them down after every ride.

Event then the drive trains on both bikes were utterly destroyed by the sand and salt combo, and I had to rebuild both with all new parts...:shock:

I'd be really thorough when you hose it down. Like put her on a lift and really squirt it up good from below....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I love the OBX - bunch of us in school rented a place for a week - it was a good time. I remeber we had a german student and she freaked, and i mean freaked, out b/c she thought someone stole her nutella - turns out she put it in the worng spot...

We told her her favorite food was aptly named.
My gf just left this weekend for OBX...wish I could have joined her and get some action for my E :(
I think your priorites are messed up... :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I LOVE Nutella, good reason to be freaked out in my opinion. Ohhhh I took my E right to a diy car wash with a power washer and layed down on the ground to make sure I sprayed every inch.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Much Awesomeness!! Love the splash pic.
The E Loves Sand!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts