What: NorCal EOC Meet, Mod and Pot Luck Picnic
When: Saturday, October 10, 2009
Time: Noon
Where: Mulford Point - San Leandro Marina, San Leandro, CA

How to (get there):
From SF/North Bay:
-Take Int-80 EAST
-Take Int-880 SOUTH
-Exit Marina Blvd WEST (2 exits past the Oakland airport)
-RIGHT at Mulford Point Drive (2-miles from exit)
-Follow it to the end to arrive at Mulford Point Park (dead ends)

From Hayward/South Bay:
-Take I-880 NORTH
-Exit Marina Blvd WEST (if you pass the Honda Dealership/WRONG WAY!)
-RIGHT at Mulford Point Drive (2.2-miles from exit)

From CoCo County:
-Take Hwy-24 WEST
-Take Int-980 to I-880 SOUTH
-Exit Marina Blvd WEST (2 exits past the Oakland airport)
-RIGHT at Mulford Point Drive (2-miles from exit)

From Tracy/Tri-Valley:

-Take Int-580 WEST
-Merge onto Hwy-238 NORTH (to Oakland)
-Take I-880 NORTH (STAY in your lane and take SECOND exit)
-Exit Marina Blvd WEST (if you pass the Honda Dealership/WRONG way!)
-RIGHT at Mulford Point Drive (2.2-miles from exit)

Once you exit from Int-880 it is approx 2.1 to 2.5 miles to Mulford Point. You will pass 2-stoplights (a railroad crossing in-between) and 2-stop signs.

IMPORTANT: Remember to stay in the LEFT lane when passing the railroad tracks otherwise you'll have to turn right. After passing your first stop sign, you'll start seeing palm trees and a TALL San Leandro Marina sign-KEEP GOING!

If you pass the Horatio's Restaurant on your right, you went too far. You're supposed to take that right (Mulford Point Drive/its the 2nd stop sign). You'll see the park at the very end. It is on the Bay and the bathrooms are nearby. You'll be passing the bathrooms on your left after the big left turn.

Let's make this a potluck so that folks won't be needing to bring a ton of food and drinks. I'll gladly be bringing brats to grill (I'll bring my baby Weber grill and plenty o'charcoal), water to drink and my favorite "fermented adult" beverage. You guys can bring what you want. So PLEASE post your potluck item so that there won't be duplicates.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it and come as you are! If you want to do some mods (Serj22, AztecRol, Eclectic707) bring 'em! Bring the necessary tools and I'll bring the digi-cam to document it!

If you want to fish, bring your favorite surf rod/rod holder, bait and a clip-on bell. I hear that the sea bass and stripers are running so bring live bull-heads (preferred bait) or mudsuckers. Low tide is at 11:12 am and high tide is at 5:04 pm so you'll be fishing the incoming tide.

If you want to play/practice some golf, there is a 9-hole, 18-hole and a double deck driving range just past Horatio's (Monarch Bay GC/Marina Exec GC).

There are plenty of places to ride your bicycle and there are running/walking areas nearby as well (measured 3-mile course). It's across from the golf courses at the end of Marina Blvd.

If you like to kayak, kiteboard, or windsurf the Bay is all yours! There is a launch before the 3rd stop sign just past Horatio's. You'll see the lot and Fairway Drive. You'll see an inlet then the launch ramp. Or just launch from from Mulford Point Park, it's up to you!

In the event you "think" you may get lost, please PM me and I'll gladly give you my cell number. Thanks EOCers for wanting to do this!

LBD

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm bringing my famous ribs sorry only 3 slabs will be available. So we'd all have to share. Can't be greedy here. And a 30 pack of beer don't know what kind.:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I will be early as well to help set up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i'll bring the chips

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poker chips...? Hmmm... Don't think we can gamble there...?

LOL!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

LBD

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
lays, cheeto, funions

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll have to think of something to bring. I don't drink so I'm a cheap date. I can bring gatorade or sodas as well. We're just going to have meat and chips? I'll have to think of something else for us to eat, I may bring it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Serj,

Potato salad, mac salad, corn on the cob to grill...? Plenty of options buddy...!

Eclectic: A 30-pack...??? Whoa...! I'm guessing you're bringing your folks too... Oh, took a look at Dan Foley Park, pretty pricey to reserve a site over there... Couldn't believe that there was a Lake Chabot over there too... Got a nice trout/bass/catfish one over in Castro Valley too...! Amazing...! If I had a bigger bugdet, next time...

Rymo: You do know I was JOKING right...?
................................:lol:LOL!!!:lol:

LBD

·
Registered
593 Posts
10.10.09 meet

Howdy Folks
I'll have to check the schedule, but consider me a tentative for the meet. If I can make it, count me in for homemade double chocolate espresso brownies. Perfect after too much meat or adult beverages, to put you back on your A game.
:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
30 pack is fine for whoever shows plus I'm taking my girl with me. Dan Foley Park, I was thinking of just taking over a spot like I always do. Fee's never had to pay.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like this is going to be pretty fun gang...! I'm hoping that a couple of lurkers would come too...? Anybody know of Eople that usually shows up to these meets that hasn't chimed in...? I know AztecRol, JT5, osinkboy, TenKen714 haven't responded but I'm confident we might get them to come...

Brownies... OH NO...! I gotta subtract a "malted adult" beverage...! LOL!!! Thanks BikerJosh...!!! LOL!!!

Okay Eclectic, I guess WE can start "early"... LOL!!! I'll be bringing my fishing pole so maybe we can grill a striper (or seabass) -IF- I'm lucky (I'll bring kamatis & sibuyas from my garden-LOL!)... You live anywhere close to that bait shop (Norm's, I think) that sells live bullheads...? If you do, then could you get me six...? I'll pay you when you get there or if you don't, no worries... Got to go to a Plan B then...

Wow, this is great...! I knew living the E-Life is something "special" and I'm really looking forward to this... With or without your better halves, it's all good... Great times irregardless...!

REMEMBER TO "SUBSCRIBE" TO THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES...!

LBD

PS: Has anyone gone through the Bay Area Roll Call thread to contact those that have had interest in doing a meet...? Do you know of any of them...? Have you PM'ed them...? Let me know...! Post it here or PM me...! Thanks! LBD

·
Registered
159 Posts
Bullheads caught me my dinner last Friday. I'll try to get some.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
B-o-n-u-s...!!!

Calling all hackers...! Calling all duffers...! Calling all golfers...!

Hey gang, if you happen to swing the sticks and are looking for a new set of golf clubs... Guess what...? Monarch Bay (old Tony Lema) Golf Course will be holding a DEMO DAY from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm...

Come one, come all...!!! They're featuring:
Mizuno (uh-hem!),
Nike (Go Tiger), and
Taylormade (Go Sergio, I think)...

Here's the link to the details...!

http://agc.nemexinc.com/emails_contentPreview.cfm?emailid=35798&printerfriendly=yes

LBD

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can count me in. But I get off work at 1 pm. No more vacation time:mad: I do not know what to bring yet. looking forward to meeting other el owners.

·
Registered
40 Posts
man I would love to replace my clubs this year but I have other priorities.. Upgrade my E for other accessories...:) LOL

I'll see you guys out there and get some nice shots with other E owners.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my E is ruined

on my way back to Vallejo from a long ass day of work on friday when this happened....

notice how ironically how it had to hit the bullseye crack at the same exact spot.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts