Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
They dont normaly replace the gasket when doing a valve adjustment. They only clean it and there is 3 or 4 places that they use hondabond on to seal it. I bet if its leaking that its on one of the corners from one of those areas. Mine seems to collect dirt in the front corner on the passanger side after a few thousand miles. I think it just seeps a little but I havent adjusted the valeves yet and Im not to worried about the gasket.

The power steering is never mentioned in the owners manual by honda so who knows when that should be done. I cheated on mine and used a small oil bottle pump to pump out the ps fluid and turned the wheel from lock to lock a for a few mins and repeated. I have driven like that for a few thousand miles and I think since I have some left over fluid I'll do it one more time. I dont think the fluid is perfectly clear even when new. I used pyroil for honda and acura. I would only use one that is for honda, honda genuine fluid or maybe amsoil universal ps fluid.

The breaks fully depend on your driving, as far as brake wear I have no idea but if your break fluid has never been changed or looks dark in the reserve than that should be changed because that fluid is almost clear when new. Any brand dot three will work. I did mine at a tire shop that I trust for roughly $50 and 15 min. PITA to do yourself and still kind of sucks with 2 people.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts