Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my OEM alarm (really just the keyless entry) on my 03 Element for pretty much the life of the car. Recently its been behaving a bit different, or I just started noticing.

Here is the issue, the alarm seems to arm even with the doors unlocked. When I open the door the indicator light above the steering wheel begins to blink really fast. About 1 - 2 minutes later the alarm goes off. I am not sure if somehow I changed the alarm behavior or not. Just wondering if this is typical.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yours has done what mine has done is go from active mode to passive mode. If you have the manual on the keyless entry there is instructions on how to set it back using the key in the ignition. If you don't have the manual there is a PDF on HandA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got around to reading the reply. It happened again the other day, a couple times. I tried to get the system into manual mode and I think I have done that, got the double flash when following the instructions here - http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/05security-manual.pdf.

However when I test it seems to still have the issue. I got out on the driver side, did not arm the system. Went to get my kid out of the passenger side and when I closed the door noticed the LED for the security system on the steering column was blinking rapidly. I cannot find any decode for the blinking.

Any thoughts on this. Am I still somehow in Active mode? How can one tell what mode the system is in?

Any help is appreciated, and my neighbors would love it too :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts