Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I am hoping there might be some support for my 04 element that is bleeding cv grease from the front axle. I want to get some OEM units but dealerships locally are asking crazy money ($1200 for an axle on one quote).

I tried majestic Honda (Hondaautomotiveparts), but they only have the driver side in stock (I need passenger, hurray for supply chain issues), and don’t seem to have a ship to Canada option. I also tried hondapartsnetwork and they also don’t ship to Canada, plus they charge about $200 more per axle. At this point I am starting to think that raxles might be my only option but thought I’d check in here before going that route as it would be the same cost/more than the Oem options above.

for fun, here is a shot of my element before biking:
009EE207-38B2-41D1-90F6-4622C2128535 by adamfindlay, on Flickr

·
Registered
2004 Fiji LX Ecamper “Ellie,” 2008 Atomic EX “Otherment,” 2003 Eternal EX Chop Top “Chop_E”
259 Posts
You can also replace just the rubber cv boot and repack the joint with grease. Doesn’t help if the joint is worn but it is an option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly it’s an aftermarket axle that isn’t up to the task with the lift, so I have been trying to find a good OE replacement. Appreciate the compliment! I have some wrap for it that I am going to try to put on this summer, to make it more dessert tan.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Grab some CVs from TRAKmotive. They make brand new not rebuilt CVs. I have used them for years, they may not last as long as the OEM ones but they will last a few year for sure and they only cost $99 CAD per CV. I have one on my Element, no fitment or installation issues and I think they have a lifetime manufacturer warranty

TrakMotive | Light Duty Truck CV Axles, ATV-UTV CV Axles & Window Regulators

1 - 10 of 10 Posts