Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
OEM Rack

A Thule or Yak roof rack is more versatile (wider, higher weight limit, more accessories, parts availability etc) than the Honda rack. I started with the OEM rack, but quickly move on to a Thule system.

Compare Thule / Yak prices at ORS Racks Direct (http://www.orsracksdirect.com/).

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
One other alternative you may wish to consider is a hitch mount (you will need a hitch first, obviously) Harbor Freight carries a model for under $40.
That also means no lifting the bike over your head and no worries about forgetting to take them off before pulling into your garage (my biggest paranoia).
Either way Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Honda bike rack as pictured is the Thule "Big Mouth",, I got one on my 2003 CRV when I purchased it as the "HardRock" edition,, came with the rack and a Specialized bike. Said the bike cost big bucks but came with a free SUV! :)
The rack works fine,, put several thousand km's on it with the bike aboard. The idea of a hitch rack is nice tho as the struggle of puttingthe bike overhead fearing dropping it was often there.
Sorry for the late post,, just new aboard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts