Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OEM Headlights how to convert to JDM Headlights

Wow! I finally finished! Sorry for the delay..

Well here’s how to do it step by step.

There’s a Thread here somewhere that shows you how to install your fog lights. so pretty much you can get the idea on how to remove your headlights from there.

Note: Remove the metal parts that is screwed on top of the headlights.

#1) I used my oven to soften the adhesive, by setting the temperature to 200 degrees and wait until its ready. (don’t forget to place a small towel on top of your broiler pan).

#2) when ready, placed one headlight inside “CAREFULLY” inside and wait “3 or 4 MINUTES”.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#3) After heating it up. You’ll need a screw driver or anything with flat head to split the headlight clear lens from the frame. (the adhesive should be soft enough to split the headlight)

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
#4) I spray painted the headlights housing with "Black Gloss". I did about 3 layer of pray paint. (The results was perfect! Nice and shinny!).

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
#5) After spray painting both headlights. its time to put them back together. You can use your belt to hold them together or some clip.

#6) After putting them together, I put some black adhesive on the gap to make sure that I wont have any leak.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#7) Check and make sure all the gap are filled with adhesive all around it.

#8) wait 1 hour to let the adhesive dry before you take the belt strap or clip around it.

#9) Congrats! your finish! all you have to do is install the headlights back to your "E".

#10) Your Welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wow! Great How to!

That would really look with the reflectors removed and on a element with black pannels. Not a bad mod. GREAT JOB!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wanna keep it matching with my side marker. :grin:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem MIKE!
Permatexs (Black silicon adhesive sealant)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Congratualtions, E_Ride. Nice work and even better documentation. I'm going to have to do this one, too. I'll do Shen's side marker blinky mod at the same time.

Elemen-O-P said:
Wasn't it a helluva lot easier than you may have originally thought!?

If anything, its a big confidence booster because you did something that wasn't a "bolt-on" mod.
And isn't this huge? I can remember tearing apart the Pinto that got me through college with nothing more than a Chilton's to guide me. When I put it back together, it started the first time and I only had 4 miscellaneous bolts left over. I was fearless after that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
just took mine apart for the second time today. starting the painting now. will post some pics later.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"NO" You dont have to..

·
Registered
126 Posts
here are a few picks from my blackout. the link is to the hi res image of the attachment.

one

i am really happy with the way they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yahoo! :grin: Doin this mod when the wife is at work! Thanks Eride. Looks bithcin'.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts