Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
There are a few shops around here, but one in particular is owned by an old Russian guy that everyone calls "Crazy Ivan". Really cool guy, and he knows his crap. I took the high torque starter off Harley to him (which I originally paid like $300 for). He told me "never do that again", "buy a starter for a toyota R22", "same starter, 1/4th price". Long story short, he knows what internal parts interchange with cheaper stuff. Oh ya, he only charged me $20 to completely rebuild that $300 starter.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Toyota's R-22 engine is one of the most proliferated models spanning 3 decades depending on geographical locations.... There ought to be spares available everywhere...
Exactly, I can go to Autozone to buy a starter for my Harley now....Who woulda thunk it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's the biggest downside to eBay. I still try my best to support local business, but sometimes you can't pass up eBay prices as long as you're willing to roll the dice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.