Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Online I see a price of 98.00 for seat covers. When I go to my dealer, they want 110.00 for only ONE seat cover. Of course I need two. WHat have you guys paid...feel like I may be getting ripped off. :roll:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seat wear

Hello,
I just got a 2003 E yesterday!!! I love it!! The truck is in excellent condition but the front seats are cracked on the side closest to the doors, is this common and what can I do to repair or replace the affected areas? The dealer tried to repair the cracks with some sort of rubber, but it didn't work very well and is noticable.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seat covers

I've burned my original seat cover on the driver side. Yes! I'm a smoker! I'm looking to replace the original. Is there anyone who can help finding an original seat cover at a decent price? Is is hard to replace?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
OEM Drivers side seat cover?

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the original seat cover (preferrably bottom only) for my 2005 Element? I would rather not pay dealers prices. I am experiencing the common cracking on the outer edge of drivers side seat bottom.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Go the link below. This is a Honda dealership that sells parts online way cheaper than your local dealer. I buy from them all the time and have had great service!! I included a link with a 2005 seat cover, but since you profile is not filled out I was not sure what model Element you are driving. That should give you an idea.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

It is number 17 in the pic:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ELEMENT&catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=5DR+EX+ABS%3BSD+AIR+BAG&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+SEAT+%28L.%29

John

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tear in Passenger Seat

So I just noticed a tear in the butt portion of the ds seat, boy am I pissed :-x I never have anything sharp in my pockets so I don't know how it got there, probably the place that replaced and rotated my tired. Anyway what is the best possible solution?

1. Seat covers? (although I have side air bags so I think these are out)

2. New cushion? Is this even possible?

3. New seat? Where would I get it from and how much would it cost.

4. Some sort of neoprene repair? If so with what?

·
Registered
25 Posts
reply to your thread...

...no pun intended but sew it. I had a small tear on top of seat back and plan to "suture" it. It'll probably look pretty mean. ARGHHHHH!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer subcontracts this type of service to a local dr. vinyl franchise that deals primarily with scratches, seat tears, cigarette burns, lil cosmetic defects, etc.

drvinyl.com has a way that you can find your local franchise. Costs about $65 to get a cigarette burn fixed...

It'll cost a lil bit, but hey, at least it'll be professionally done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Worked for me, too!

Geez, over a hundred bucks just for the seat cover! :???: I'd hit the salvage yard first. In Ga., they have these places called pull-a-part. You basically do it yourself and pay the guy at the gate for what you take. I'd try that first or get out your handy dandy needle and thread.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Replacing front-seat fabric

I searched but could not find. Is there a how to thread on how to replace the cover? Where do you start and what tools do you need? Does seat need to be removed? Any info would be appreciated. Mine is really cracked and I got the new cover today.
Thanks for any info
U

·
Registered
48 Posts
While this is not for an Element, this article on Miata.net explains how to swap the upholstory on a seat.

http://www.miata.net/garage/upholstery.html

Basics should be the same. Tool list should be the same as well.

Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
159 Posts
i ordered also a new oem cover for mine '03. i wil recive it in about 2 weeks. if you replace it before i do, can you make a little how to whit pictures ?? otherwise i wil do it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
One thing the Miata instructions don't mention is the fact that you need to get new hog rings especially as you cut them and they go flying everywhere. So where does one get them or I can imagine you can use something else.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
One thing the Miata instructions don't mention is the fact that you need to get new hog rings especially as you cut them and they go flying everywhere. So where does one get them or I can imagine you can use something else.
I think you are going to need Hog Ring Pliers as well. Not sure if you can use anything else??

1 - 20 of 93 Posts