Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm installing used oem side steps but i'm missing the important rear plate bolts.

Does anyone know where i can get these or any alternative bolts that i can use? I don't want to end up buying the bolt kit for this.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Uggg! Its been so long I dont remember their size etc! Someone on here must know....or maybe ask at the dealer?
However, when I need any weird Fastener I go to Fastenal
http://www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex
If they dont have it in stock the sure as heck can get it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hondapartsdeals.com used to sell parts for accessories separately; you might have to contact them to get the bolts.

OTOH, they're just ordinary metric bolts.
I emailed them a few days ago but i haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could only find them listed as part of a hardware kit which includes the brackets for a low price of $130.00 canadian.

Here is the part number if you want to see what the price is where you are.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]08L33-SCV-100R3[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]

EDIT:

I found it at hondapartsnow.com for $34.00

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/online/Page_Product/PartsSearch.aspx?PartNumber=08L33-SCV-100R3
[/FONT]
I just might have to order this kit. It sucks that i have to get 2 of these just for the 4 rear bolts :-(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uggg! Its been so long I dont remember their size etc! Someone on here must know....or maybe ask at the dealer?
However, when I need any weird Fastener I go to Fastenal
http://www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex
If they dont have it in stock the sure as heck can get it!
That's a pretty cool site. I'll have to bookmark it. I'm sure it'll cost an arm and leg or just a finger just to make it. I did go to my local honda dealer and asked about it but no luck.

I'm going to call around some local junkyards and find out if there are any Elements on their yards. HOPEFULLY someone has one with side steps on them.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's a pretty cool site. I'll have to bookmark it. I'm sure it'll cost an arm and leg or just a finger just to make it. I did go to my local honda dealer and asked about it but no luck.

I'm going to call around some local junkyards and find out if there are any Elements on their yards. HOPEFULLY someone has one with side steps on them.
Wrecking yard is always a good place to find it, Good luck!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The bolts are nothing special. All you need is a bolt of the proper length, and a nut to fit it. The eccentric tab that is used to hold the bolt stationary wile you tighten it is an easy to duplicate item. A local welder can do it for you for 4 or 5$. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL THAT NECESSARY. You can accomplish the task with a thin walled socket.

Dom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never found the plate bolts. I was kinda thinking of that direction with the eye bolts but ended up buying the kit for it. I had to replace one of the metal brackets anyway because it was badly bent. I should be getting the kit this weekend. Can't wait to put it on. :grin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Done!

Before ya do be sure and take some measurement & maybe some pics of the hardware so we'll have it for future refrence. It could be very handy.
Finally installed the side steps over the weekend. Pain in the @$$ because i had to fish out the plate bolt for about 30-45mins after dropping it in the chassis. Someone on here mentioned about tying a string on the plate bolt. It REALLY helps a lot. I didn't do it at first but as soon as i fished it out i did with the other three just in case. Don't have pics of the results but here is the elusive rear plate bolts with measurements:

Attachments

Reactions: fiji.blue.pearl.04

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't forget to use little plastic washers slightly smaller than the bolt threads, to hold the bolt in place & prevent them from falling back into the slotted holes. it's a bitch to try & fish 'em out. You install the bolt, slip the washer on & it's holds the bolt in place perfectly when fitting the bracket over the bolts to put on the nuts.....trust me, I learned the hard way !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bolt Package for side steps

I found a set of used steps but it seems they are missing the bolt package to mount them to the element. They look complete otherwise. I am awaiting a confirmation.

Does anyone know if this is available separately? If not, what size bolts would I need?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.