Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since that's listed as an option can I assume the skylight has no shade of it's own? Is it just a piece of glass/plastic? that is removable?

How does the optional shade screen work?

I'm test driving an Element tomorrow, the dealer has 6 in stock...so who knows what may happen :)

Patty

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementint.html
on this site you can view the installation of the skylight screen, bu scrolling down and choose view installation when you see the Skylight Shade Screen .

The skylight is glass, it is a pop up, and also removable. There is a cover that you can store it in, when you remove it, this iincluded.

The share is a collapsible piece that folds-onto itself to store small and compact.

I can tell you more when mine comes in, i have my element but the accessories were all not in, so i am waiting then they will do everything at once.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The shade screen, well, it is basically a cover that snaps into place under the skylight. It is dark in color, other than the edges that match (sort of) the ceiling. It sits out of the way in the back, and can fold up real well into a pouch (included). It is good if you want to sleep in the Element, or if you don't want as much light coming in behind you when you drive. While the skylight is dark glass, the shade screen might be good to have with kids.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
to keep bugs out, that is the plan, and that is how it was advertised to do... .. I will let you know when I get mine.. RML what is your opinion??

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sharp is being silly... still. Gotta love that... anyhow ok umm sharp antivirus or operator error issues when it comes to your computer, grin.. smiles..

·
Registered
608 Posts
The shade screen is just that, a shade screen. It won't do a great job of keeping out the bugs, birds maybe, but not bugs.

There are some small gaps that a bug might be able to get thru. I know that if it had velcro it would make a better bug protector, but it seems like it is just designed to make some shade for the back.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That is deceptive.. the description on the Hondacars.com site states:

"Skylight Shade Screen Reduces glare Screens out insects Allows air flow "

Well for camping I could use some velcro around the edges to secure the edges, that is where the problem is right?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Gypsytda,

Right, if you put some velcro on the sides, it should secure the edges and let you "leave the roof open". The only problem would be rain, or dew.

Don't get me wrong, I like the shade screen, I leave it on all the time (of course winter), and have yet to take out the skylight.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
cool thank you again.. i have a nasty cold need to go to bed talk to ya all ciao!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:!: So I love my Orange 2WD EX but i noticed a weird phenomenon. . . it seems to attract bugs like mad. . . i find flying insects buzzing around inside all the time. and when i park near a bush or something i can actually see bugs swarming toward my car. . . anyone else notice this? Oh and another thing. . . Why no moonroof on 2WD. . . I was so torn when I went to by my ELEMENT I really wanted a moonroof but the price difference between the two models was too much for my budget. . .

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bugs? Not this time of year in the Northeast :D

The only one we get around here are snowbunnies, and yes, they seem to like hanging aournd the Element. :wink:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
RML: "snowbunnies" hummm you mean the teenie boppers, or do you all have a new insect in NY? :wink:

And so the orange is attrracting insects huh? Interesting.. and yeah in the North East here we don't have big bug problem this time a year, give us a couple months for the massive mosquito season to pick up.. and all the other flying critters.. we shall see.. but that is just freaky!

Think the CA bugs like new car smell? Grin.. grab a can of OFF!, and see if it helps!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I knew someone who had a gold motorcycle that attracted yellow jackets. They're real nasty when they get in the helmet, being meat eaters and all.

I think someone should make some after-market screens. Velcro adhesive might give out on a hot day out west here. Might try making my own screen.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sharp that is just freaky.. and in the helmet, yikes!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm stoked!!!! Just signed the contract on my new Element EX 4WD Black, with only Lo-Jack! It's scheduled for delivery here in Orange County CA on 3/3. Where's the best place to order the following (1) Splash Guards; (2) Rear Bumper Trim; (3) Interior Privacy Curtain; (4) Skylight Shade Screen; and (5) Cargo Cover :?: :?: :lol: :?: And is the Skylight Shade Screen worth getting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does does the Element's sun roof shade keep out bugs? Is it worth buying one? Has anybody got it tinted? Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you check, we talked about it here a while back.

I have the shade and it works great. It does not work to keep out bugs, but it does work as a shade screen. It does cut the light into the back. If you have a kid or animal (or for that matter anyone) in the back, it will cut down on the sun getting into the back.

If you want to get the sun shade to keep out bugs, you will need some velcro and attach it to the roof, and to the shade screen. It will work then.

Even thought people talk about it keeping out bugs, without some way to better seal it, it won't work that way.

That is not saying it is not a good product, I like mine. We drive with it at all times. Snaps off real quick when you want to remove it.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts