Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 Element in October of 09 so I'm quite new to this site. However, I got an excellent response to my previous inquiry when I replaced the failed dash lights and then the immobilizer kicked in and the Element wouldn't start. (If you missed my "thank you" note it WAS the battery.)

Anyway, the previous owner installed a Pioneer AVEC system and judging from the left over wiring and massive fuses I've discovered under the rear cargo area he must have had an aftermarket amp and subwoofer. When he put in the Pioneer unit he evidently didn't use the existing amp or subwoofer as neither is currently working. So even though I have this nice cd/stereo/nav/dvd system, it's not all that it could be - my music has no bass.
I pulled the Pioneer so I could look at the wiring (whew!) and tried to trace the leads but I'm not sure which ones need to be connected to the Element's amp and subwoofer so they will work with the Pioneer. Does anyone have a clue or pics that might help me muddle through this and get the system working. I've downloaded all the info about the Pioneer system and I also purchased the Element Service manual so I've got a good starting point. I just don't want to damage any electrical components so that's why I'm asking for your help.

By the way, I just love to drive this car - it's a real sweet ride! My big large breed pup loves his "couch" in back too! I've added mud flaps and nerf bars. It came with the roof rack and rear spoiler. Next project, after the stereo, is driving/fog lights as there have been some excellent DIY posts on this site.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have the Avic in my Element. The stock sub is power through an aftermarket amp at the rear of my Element. There should be a little pocket amp to the side of the stock sub. If you see it, check and see if it is connected. I believe the wire comes out of the left side of the sub and the amp is on the right. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subwoofer and Amp

All the wiring is still intact but none of the original wiring for the OEM Sub and Amp is connected to the Pioneer thus no power and no sound. I'm not sure, looking at the wiring diagram that there is even a way to tap the Pioneer for power as it looks like it is only capable of managing 2 speakers and a Sub or four satellite speakers but not 5 speakers. Could I use the current feeds to the 2 rear door speakers to power the Sub? If yes, which feed should I tap to bring in the amp?
Thoughts, clues, ideas, shots-in-the-dark?:002:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts