Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scoured the internet but couldn't find a good comparison on the OEM vs after market heater-core parts. OEM element heater-cores are $265 and most after-market such as "spectra premium" are closer to $100. Any one have any detailed insights besides just "always oem for everything"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
IMO OEM on electric parts everything else is ok that I have used.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
426 Posts
For something like a heater core... A piece that seems pretty significantly marked up by our friends at Honda...
(you know Honda is not manufacturing their own) I would personally go with the cheaper of these two choices...

But your mileage may vary...

Cheers!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have used a couple of Spectra Premium heater cores on vehicles and they required fiddling to make them fit properly. Specifically, I had to bend the pipes to make them fit the housing. I have not used one for an Element. Also consider that given the amount of time required to do the job, how many times do you want to do it? I would use the Honda part for that reason.

·
Registered
2006 Silver EX-P AWD. Purchased at 174K, now approaching 300K and is a reliable daily driver.
12 Posts
.... how many times do you want to do it? I would use the Honda part for that reason.
I agree, heater cores are generally a major PITA. If you found a Denso unit at a good price I would say it's worth the gamble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts