Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a ton of opinions on tires, but there is no one organized thread I have found that clarifies off-road tire fitment. I am still torn between Yokohomas, Generals or BFG's but more importantly what size?

225/75/16, 235/70/16 or something else? I want to maximize height to gain a bit of clearance for the beach

I'm hoping this will get interesting, I know their are several philosophies on this!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got myself a set of General Grabber ATs in the 225/75/16 size and I'm impressed with the way they handle the loose gravel and mud I do most of my off-road driving on. They track straighter and grip better than the stock size Toyo Open Countrys I had previously. They're cheap, loud, and don't rub at all. If I were only beach driving however, I would probably get something wider with a tread that wouldn't dig so much.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not 16's.. but I just installed some 235/65/17 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's. Just a hint of rubbing in one spot, but I don't think it will be a long term problem if you know what I mean. You can see more details HERE.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been there done that

Had a wrangler for years! Jeeps might be more rugged, but they are made by Chrysler! EEEHHHH! My E holds her own on the soft Long Island beach sand!:razz:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
One of the best off road tires I have ever come across is the Revo! The above link is only one of several good reviews this tire has accumulated over the years.

Several of our members have used this tire on an Element! Empire was running a set on his E. He has posted photo's if you want to see what they look like. I have run them on several of my off road trucks, with outstanding results.

Dom

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Help

Thanks for the help! I went with Yokohama 235 70 16, i think it looks good and i like the ride! I was afraid to rattle can my mint condition stock wheels, so I found a cheap set of 16" Acura Tl wheels that were a bit beat up, on craigslist. My center caps fit so it was a win win.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts