Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tought it might be appropriate here too.

I wouldn't recommend repeated decents/ascents on this type of terrain but it was a lot of fun. I was totally surprised that the E could handle such a punishment without going out of alignment or something. I can definately say that the AWD version will take you places the 2WD can't. Not ready for bouldering yet, but impressive for a car/truck/suv.

Link to the post:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2573

Link to the webpage describing the adventure

http://www.geocities.com/xcelement100/OR.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those pictures look really good and have encouraged me to do the same. I'm glad to hear that the alignment held up. Looking at the head sized rocks in your pics....Ever any concern about the fuel tank? It's got 2 tiny cross rails for protection, that's it. I myself, not being that experienced, would hesitate to take those roads for fear of puncturing the tank and blowing up ala any episode of the A-Team. Let us know how the E holds up to the punishment (suspension, alignment, FUEL TANK, etc.).

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks fun, went on vacation last month and tried the AWD at Lake McConaghy (sp) in Nebraska, sand everywhere but I opened up my E and hosed it out, front to back. Clean as the first day I drove it home. Thank you for sharing your picture.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You HOSED it?? Did you get any water in your speakers, under the floor, etc? The "hosing" claim that was initially claimed for the E is not recommended by Honda or most of the EOC members. A small broom and/or a wet sponge/rag and the like are a better choice. So was it like a drizzle or a full on spray?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was very gentle and quick with the speakers covered. The sand at this lake is incredibly fine and the sponging (which I normally do each week) just couldn't get those little granules.

I agree that it is very important not to get water within the electronics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts