Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm still pretty new to the whole forum aspect of car modding, but I'm trying to get some ideas and to bounce some of my own thoughts around this fantastic group of fellow E owners. My dad and I both drive our 2005 EX E with MT. He and I both agree to move more towards an off road look for the E because we both camp a lot and have the occasional desire to neglect the pavement. The list of mods and additions are as follows. We'd like to add:

A roof rack (safari style and big, maybe 6 inches or more tall)

Larger off road style tires, I've heard of using a different tire size, and I was looking into maybe using 225/75/16 in a mud tire style

Lifting the suspension by about 1.5-2.0 inches, I've seen this done with the hockey puck style lift mounts and I would prefer to do something like that where its a little less expensive.

Putting a light bar on the front with 2 Lightforce lights and also adding 4 lights to the roof mounted to the roof rack. I would also like to have one or two rear facing lights to link to my back-up lights. I find that i have a hard time seeing behind myself when I reverse.

Well that about covers the exterior mods and upgrades. Understandably this is a big-ish undertaking and it will certainly cost some $$$ but if there is any way that I can cut the cost or make it more cost effective I'd gladly hear the idea.

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Glad to have you around.

The links provided will be a great help to you and just searching a bit will uncover a lot.

What you are looking at doing all seems very doable. The price will vary depending on the DIY expertise of you and your father as well as where you get your gear. You can always check ebay/craigslist for used racks.

We are always happy to help a fellow E owner.

·
Mod-erator
4,575 Posts
The lift may or may not be necessary as you new tires will raise the clearance of the E.

Do the tires first b4 deciding on the lift.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow you guys are freakin amazing, thanks a lot for all the helpful responses and thank you very much especially harri. i love the brockoli bar and i messaged Brock but i havent heard back yet, any idea how to get one of those subtle light bars for the front, i think they're gorgeous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts