Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be running BFgoodrich all terrain T/A'a in 225-75-16or15 and im lookin for a good looking off road style rim that wont cost me a zillion dollars. i really like the style of the Cragar soft 8 series wheels but i just think thay will stick out past the fender a bit to much for me, the only size i could get them in that will work is 16x7 with 4in backspace i think that will stick out just a bit to much.. Weather the wheels are steel or aluminum doset really matter i would like it if they would stick out a bit further than the stock wheels but not too much....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive been searching for the same application and like the Cragar Window "D" series cause they have them in 17's. The wheels above are the look I want minus the Nascar logo etched into the wheel. Anyone else like to chime in? Also the cragars have a wider offset which (I could be wrong) heard they can prematurely damage your wheel bearings...not on my list of things to do this yr.
Anyone with a better option?

·
Registered
608 Posts
i hope my wheel bearings dont get prematurely damaged..I am keeping an eye on them. this is how far out my wheels come:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
personally I like these.....................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I did some digging on this for you guys. It isn't easy finding this style of wheel for your application. Here's what I was able to come up with. Some of these are a bit of a stretch but with some test fitting they may be doable.

In 16" you may want to consider the Momo Winter wheel. These are powder coated which makes them very durable and they have a simple 5 spoke design that is easy to clean.

Momo Winter Wheel 16x6.5 40mm offset.

If you stepped up to a 17" you might be able to run the GF-X OR9.
GF-X OR9

In 15" You may be able to get the MB72 in 15x6 to fit but you would need to test fit them to make sure they clear the brakes. If they do clear, according to my guide they would stick out 1/4" (not counting the tire).
15x6 MB 72

Let us know if we can put a package together for you. We would love to earn your business.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those MB72 are the exact rim i want but i want atleast a 16in wheel. im worried that with the 15 they may hit the caliper like fatfurious did with his 15in cragars. if i only had one to test fit...:-(

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I sent an email to our fitment guide department to see if they can give us any insight. Anyone in Arizona want to help us test fit? PM me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Our fitment guide department couldn't clear up any of the fitment questions for us. We need to set fit them to find out if they will clear. If anyone here in AZ would like to help test fit a couple of wheels I've got a $50.00 discount card with their name on it towards their next purchase. Please PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to bad i live in MD. i want those wheels!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
How about these? Not cheap but you probably won't see anybody else with them on an Element.
That's a great looking wheel. I wish the Nascar logo wasn't on it though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i am now looking for another set of wheels. my friend keeps telling me that the ones i have will mess up my wheel bearings. So im looking into some RX7 wheels that are 16x8.. maybe that will help you out.

oh and DCIVW you might be interested in these wheels, and they are located in MD. Im still thinking about these if the RX7 ones fall through
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/1447821067.html

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
This talk about 'offroad' wheels reminds me of a curious post several years ago. The poster complained about the poor design of the Element's steering. He was driving on an Oregon forest road, and stick got caught in a front wheel, and damaged the steering linkage.

The fact that the stick hit the linkage is understandable - it is above and behind the wheel, so it is the first thing a stick would hit as the wheel rotates. But I don't think the Honda engineers considered this problem when designing the car.

Most of us thought that a stick through the wheel was a freak accident. But I think the chances where increased by the poster's after market wheels. I think they were 16" (maybe 17"), but the openings between spokes where much larger than stock.

My thoughts at the time were: "I am glad I have DX steel wheels small circular openings".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats part of the reason i want the MB wheels, iv had 5 stars in every car iv owned, i just want something different.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahartig has 15x6's on his E. so they fit! could i get them in black? i dont want polished at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what about in 16in? any in black? i dont want to have to paint them...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If you intend to use the wheels off road, then Steel is the only way to go.

Never use anything other than steel off road!

If it's just for looks then use anything you want!

Dom

1 - 20 of 27 Posts