Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped by my local dealer today and they had a sweet set of honda racing wheels they were selling that were 18X7's

I looked on the back and I believe they have a +55 offset. They may have been made for an accord or civic, I have seen folks talking about 35-45 offset but never as high as 55

DO you think these wheels would work on my E?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
they would work esp being only 18X7 18X8s in 55 need spacers.

if you run a 225 you shouldn't have any issues running a 235 or 245 and you may need a 5mm spacer at most which is no biggy

you may want to add a spacer for look as the wheel will be 10mm in farther then SC wheels or about 0.4 inches.

you can never go wrong with an offset thats too high. as you can space it out. its too low thats hard as the only way to get the wheel back in is to machine the mounting pad.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
You looking at these??

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=910949&postcount=570

They are 18 X 7.5 +55. The person above doesnt mention running spacers.
I doubt you will need spacers. Even with 8 inch rims and +55 offset, that
puts your rim about an 3/4 of an inch closer to your suspension. I think I measured it once,
and there was over an inch of clearance between my SC rim and tire from my
suspension. I think it was like 1.5 - 2 inches. You should be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick response guys, I def. asked at the right place.

Aztec I think that might be them, they look awesome, thanks for finding, and they even lists the tire size for me...super cool!

My E has 140k on it and going strong, about to pass it down to my 16 year old and trying to make it cool....

This forum has always been awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided not to buy these today, put one on at the dealer and with the 55 offset it was so close the suspension, i could have put a spacer in but right now i think im gonna keep looking..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
where are you located? ive got a set of SC wheels and tires up for sale if your interested

or..

any specific style you are looking for? size etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts