Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all: Got a call from our local dealer and they just got the Shoreline Mist Element in over the weekend. I know when I go to look at it, I will buy it. This is the one I have been dreaming about ever since I saw it up close & personal out-of-town a few weeks ago.

Have done my homework on what my insurance will change to, figured partially my taxes and do not have to pay in (yes, this helps) and nothing holding me back is what I am trying to tell myself. I have never felt this way about a material item. It is calling my name and now I can not wait until work is done so I can drive to the dealership. Again, OH MY GOSH. The excitement is overwhelming :lol:

Just need to get courage from all of you on how I can discuss any discounts off the price, trying to get a good interest rate.. my local bank is at 6+%, and I will find out from People.First when I get home to check my home e-mail to see if they approved me and at what rate, see what dealer can do...

As you can see I am beside myself. Damn the E for being THE PERFECT VEHICLE for me that I can not seem to live without. Maybe by this time tomorrow I will be a proud owner.

And thanks to this board, the only thing I will have the Dealer install is fog lights and keyless entry. With the assistance of this board and all the hints/tricks, I feel competent to do the rest myself.

I'll keep you posted! My hubby keeps telling me there should be nothing holding me back from the purchase but like I said before, I have never bought a brand new vehicle and have a sense of guilt over the purchase. I think the E's have a special power over me that I can not hide from and don;'t really want to!!

I am sure Gypsy will be routing for me all the way. She is such a great cheerleader and gets me all fired up!! Keep it comin' Girlfriend :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem is our new garage is not built yet and now only have a 1-stall garage and that is where hubby's truck is (2000 Toyota Tundra)

Gonna have to ask my neighbor if I can pay her to use her empty bay in hers. Would hate to leave the new E outside in the Midwest Winter Climate! And would hate the thought of scraping the windows from Ice/ Frost on the new E also. Wouldn't want to hurt her :cry:

·
Registered
253 Posts
cjans: I know exactly how you feel! I have never bought a new car off the lot, said I never would. The only reason I looked at new cars was because Mitsubishi was advertising 0 interest and 0 payments for a year. It turned out to be a 36 month lease, though. My husband tld me not to make a decision until I saw this "thing" at another dealership. He showed me the E and I was hooked. It was dark out and I didn't even look at the interior. I test drove one a few days later and I knew I had to have one, especially when they called and told me they had SO. They said it wouldn't last, so I made them an offer and decided that if it was meant to be, they would accept. They did! I had to haggle about the interest rate, though. Luckily, I had went on the internet and checked out the rates in my local towns, so finally they offered me 4.89%. I did hear that Honda is now offering 2.9%, so you may want to check that out. Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are all right. I picked it up tonight. Problem is, last night and tonight when we did this, it was dark by the time we got there, got all signed, etc. I also checked my local bank, they only had 6+ % on a loan. I checked and applied at People First on-line and they approved me at 4.49%. I told the dealer that, they matched it and am going through them.

They also told me they got word that rates are going to go up, it could have been a "closer" but I had told them I already had a good rate, they said let us try and at least match it. Said they have seen as low as 5%. Again, doing the homework paid off.

I am anxious to drive it to work to see it in the light and drive it in the light. See what it really looks like. Oh yeah, and park it in the lot where I can look at it out the window at different times throughout the day! hehehhe

Did they treat you right on the price? Here is the midwest they are not selling. Dealer here has only sold 1 or two. One from out-of-town. This may be the first to drive around SIoux City, IA. I am sure they will like the advertising. Mine is the Shoreline Mist. I Like the subdued colors for some reason. I liked what one guy said, that color reminds him of the sand and beaches, probably why I was drawn to it too. I do not live by the sand or the beach, this will bring me closer to my dream.

The dealer had the MSRP price at $21.310 including destination charges(this is the EX model). Asked what accessories I wanted, told them the Fog Lights, Carpet Floor Mats, Back-Seat Bungees, arm rest/storage, and keyless entry. Came back and said what they would do is throw these accessories in for free, including installation, and also knocked another $100 off of list. (This is the 3rd vehicle from this dealer we have purchase.... this being the absolute only NEW car... 7 miles on the OD) From what I am reading on these posts, that was awesome deal so felt really good about it. Again, probably because they are not big hit here yet, they want to get them on the streets for advertising.

So Like you, I grabbed it and can't wait to start enjoying it. We are so lucky aren't we? I have yet to see an actual Sunset Orange in person, I hear they are really awesome. THe local dealership is not scheduled to have one here to show/buy until sometime late April or May.

·
Registered
249 Posts
cjans,

Did you say you got the Shoreline Mist? I also got Shoreline Mist and I think its such a beautiful color and goes great with the fender panels (nice contrast).

Congrats!!!!!!! your gonna love it :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
cjans:

I hope that you enjoy your Shoreline Mist E. I purchased my Shoreline Mist here last month in Idaho. I've never seen another one yet. That color is great and does not show the dirt much as I have to leave mine outside. And it sure does warm up fast so you don't have to worry about scraping off the windows. I've got 500 miles on mine so far and have fun driving to work and have everybody look at it. Hopefully I'll see another one around at some point. So far no complaints and everything works just fine and she drives great and corners good, etc, etc, etc. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
cjans, it sounds like you got a great deal! Here in OH they are selling like hotcakes, so just getting them to knock off the 310.00 was a big effort! At work, I park in the front row just so I can glance out at my E all day! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I will try to post pics over the weekend. Do you all have your pics on the gallery?? I keep looking for new ones, they are far and few between.

I am finding myself riding along while my hubby and Son drive so I have time to check everything out. Glad there is lots of room inside so I can crawl around poking at stuff ( ooh... aah... hey look at this :lol: ) getting acuainted. I like riding in the back seat, reclining a bit and staring out the back skylight. WAY TOO COOL!

They like that, but it is still MINE... ALL MINE... Payments and all

·
Registered
249 Posts
cjans,

If you want to see a nice photo of a "mist" E. Check out mine in the image gallery. Hopefully I'll have more to come on a homepage.

Enjoy your "mist" E.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats - Welcome to the club!! We all know you'll enjoy your purchase.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wish I would've talen a pic of mine as soon as I bought it because it has been snowing here ever since! As soon as I get her clean I will get some pics, I might need some instructions on how to do it, though. :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts