Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my CAT got stolen off my rig, I decided to change it up a little bit and give my E a little more "rawness"

I ordered a magnaflow exhaust system and decided to straight pipe it. She sounds like a BEAST now!:evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
What I am seeing is that it is not truly straight piped. A straight piped vehicle is just that, regular exhaust piping from the manifold back to the tip. It appears to me that you still chose to utilize the magnaflow muffler in order to adjust the tone of the exhaust, and left the cat out of the system. Because of the massive fines involved if you get caught, I would never even consider removing the cat from a vehicle originally equipped with one. But each to his/her own. My Dodge is truly straight piped, but it is entirely legal because it never came with a cat, and because it has a turbo a muffler is not mandatory at least for that particular year range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@seanb03 No, after my CAT got stolen i had to replace it ($1,500)... Then i decided to change it up, so i ordered a magnaflow... It doesn't get any straighter than whats under there. and is 100% LEGAL

·
Registered
532 Posts
@seanb03 No, after my CAT got stolen i had to replace it ($1,500)... Then i decided to change it up, so i ordered a magnaflow... It doesn't get any straighter than whats under there. and is 100% LEGAL
Straight pipe means no cat, not resonator, and no muffler.
Common for turbo cars but not too common for naturally aspirated engines.

Any issues with the smell? How did you fix the O2 sensor issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts