Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shocked when people look at my E asif its a U F O for the fact that I have seen a handful of E owners here in Ohio. I refer to Edger (E),to the mothership at times. Anywho, I am curious to know about any E owners in Ohio, I have seen you all out there, but no one is posting?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm here. I haven't seen too many on the roads, but I also work at night, so I don't get the opportunity to see too many, either.

So far, I'm still the only one at my workplace with an Element, and quite frankly, I'd prefer to keep it that way. When you walk out to a parking lot full of about 400 cars, it's nice to spot yours right away.

I WOULD like to get something together around here (midwest anywhere, really), but I'm not sure how far we'd have to go to draw some interest.

Oz

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am all for getting something together locally. I have only seen 3 of us here in the Cleveland area and one other in Akron. I like being the only one at work who has one. I love the unique comments and also the infrequent compliments. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another Ohio Element owner here checking in. Live in Lorain County, had my E for about 6 weeks now and LOVE it! I get all the looks everyone talks about and a lot of curious questions I enjoy answering. Don't quite know how to describe the feeling that comes over you when you are in the E' Have never felt this way about any other vehicle I have owned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys. I live in Lorain county, too. Have had my E since June - already have almost 9,000 miles. Still love it.

I am seeing more and more E's all the time in the Cleveland area. At first I'd see maybe one a week, now a couple or more each day.

Still get a lot of comments at the gas pump and elsewhere, but not as many looks on the freeway as a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my E last Saturday. It's amazing how people laugh at it until they really look at it. It's also fun to see SUV owners' faces when they ask how much it was. So much better than their $40000 piece of crap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleveland /Akron here. I get all kind of strange looks and of course the questions...I love the questions and also the looks curious non E owners give when they find out the price range. I do have a problem though...I sadly got a flat tire, ( the E feelings were hurt, as it has only been on the road 3 weeks) but I have found people like to touch it. I guess its kinda like, they dont know what it is so they have to feel it. People dont even mind touching it when I am sitting right in it. Again, I feel like the mothership! Going to the gas station is not just going to the gas station anymore...plan for an extra 10 minutes for all the questions. I love this vehicle, you cant help but to smile when you look at it. I am glad to see more E owners in Ohio online, or glad I am see ya all on. I see E's around and wave and always wonder, "wonder, if they are on E O C"

·
Registered
285 Posts
EXAWDSOPAT here. beachwood area. purchased at honda of mentor.
and love it!

just checking in
best
D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings to all, just found the EOC and would love to find others who love and enjoy their Elements. Had mine about 4 months and really enjoy it. I keep a bike in the back so I can ride each day during lunch break at work. Am looking for idea's and ways to "improve" an already great vehicle. Addition of XMradio was a great start! :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Its amazing how many E's have popped up here recently. in fact, im hard pressed to come up with a time i havent gone for an errand and seen at least one or two between point A and point B. some folks are cool and wave. others dont get it.

i percieve somewhere around a 300 per cent increase in the nuber of E's around here since i took possession of mine in mid october. (and thank god they arent SOP's lol)

nice to see the community growing!
(now, if we could just get them to the forums!) lol

best
D.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm near Pittsburgh and my E is being built this week sometime. I'l jump in with the OH crowd since it's closer to me then all the Philly owners 5 hours East. Oh, and I was born and raised in Akron so I'm biased :)

I just wish the E was here so I could bring it home for T-Day this week.

·
Registered
285 Posts
building your E? my dealer has a bunch on the lot, honda of mentor. Why couldnt your dealer just do a inter dealer transfer? I noticed a lot of dealers as i was talking to them checking thier computer and seeing where everything is located.

just makes me curious. =D

best
D.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No black 5 speed EX 4wd's around the tri state area. The only one that was available is in Cincinatti and I didn't want one driven that far, so I opted to wait one more week for the exact one I wanted that's being built this week and shipped via truck to me with 0 miles on it. This particular E was allocated to another dealer but with no buyer lined up, they traded inventory for it from the factory.

I could have had one traded with roughly 300-350 miles on it. I didn't want that. Black, 4wd and manual tranny were non-negotiable to me. If I couldn't get it, I wasn't buying.

·
Registered
285 Posts
well then, i hope you enjoy your new E, and true, getting exactly what you want is a good thing! (did you order yours with any accessories?) snowing here today, looking forward to enjoying it with mine.

best of luck!
D.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I only ordered keyless with it. I have chrome 18" pimp rollers lined up for it (20's are sooo tempting, but not with the roads around here) and some underhood goodies via my friend who owns a honda/acura performance shop. 2 10" subs and an amp just waiting for a vehicle to be installed into. I'm also waiting for the release of black powder coated side steps, from what I can tell a few companies claim to have them in production already. Westin is supposedly one company.

As a skier, with 2 dogs, I don't want any carpet mats to get wet and foul smelling :) Then in the summer I'd just have to vaccum grass from the golf bags/shoes out of the carpet anyway.

I refuse to pay Honda's prices for foglights when I can get REALLY good ones from Hella or PIA for less than $100. So, no on accessories at this time :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a SOP E here in Cincinnati. I've seen a lot of Es on the road around town, more on the east side than here on the west.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hows that Beem coming along? (just found my tiger mk2 "Sunbeam" hood script. while unpacking the garage.)

and to think. i almost....almost bought another beem myself rather than my E. (one owner tiger, daily driver 14,000.00) with this ohio winter tho. im sure glad i didnt. at my age i just dont seem to be as adventurous in my driving choices anymore lol.

best! and happy holidays man
d.

·
Registered
129 Posts
In fact, I parked my GG 4WD last night to go in for some christmas shopping, and when I came out, a silver one was parked right next to it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey there. im back from visit to California, and happy to bring up the subject of a N.E.Ohio winter get together once more. :D and those of you trapped up here in the lesser white north, dont fret. northern cal had rotten weather too. :D really. horrible..honest....

lol. best to all and hope you had a good holiday.

D.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts